Thread: SUN'n FUN 2011

Default SUN'n FUN 2011

Any one know of a close in site to view the ariel part of the show - my knees are shot?

If you go to Sun and Fun website and click on maps ther is a map for camping you can reference. Area 16 is about the closest to the convention/viewing area( also allows 24 hr use of generator) you need to get there sometime this week if you want to be assured of a spot ,however people move in and out during the event so it is possible to find one during the show. We stay in area 18/20 ,its a good distance away but a little more quiet and less dusty. In any event there is a shuttle service throughout the event so getting around is pretty easy. Try this link http://www.sun-n-fun.org/FlyIn/Sched...groundMap.aspx
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Granvil - Hope all are safe and sound at the Fly-in - We are getting our asses kicked in Pinellas county - Lots of even worse weather reports from Lakeland and the Fly-In area - Give us a call if you are in need of anything.

Ken
    Ken Robertson
    Parliament Motor Coach - 727-748-5986

Ditto what Ken said

That was some SERIOUS weather that nailed the Fly-In.

Hope that you are safe and sound....

well there is no fun and sun at sun and fun...some serious damage lots of planes upside down trees down porta potties in repose...no serious injuries that I know of...we are ok a couple of pine tops hit vehicles and coaches. We are in the bus making chili and contemplating a cocktail. Thanks for thinking about us.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Granvil,

Glad to hear that you folks are OK. The news video sure looked like some serious weather there.

Oh, and stop contemplating..... just go for it!

I saw the upside down planes on Fox this evening and felt bad for everyone who waits all year for this event.

Tough it out Granvile, the good news is your chopper wasn't at risk!

I just had to post what a colossal break we caught this past week. The Granvil Tracy inspired trip to Sun'nFun last year was so good we were ready for round two - even after Granvil's Jet Ranger smote the earth earlier in the year. Granvil has one of the most eclectic groups of friends you will ever run across and having prided myself as being no social recluse for sure, I bow to the master.

Anyway, we are making plans for this whole thing to happen when I have the nerve issue to end all problems and Mike, just being Mango Mike trying to stuff 20 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag finally calls in the dog and we red light the whole trip. Now I see all the photos and think about my freshly painted airplane ending up poked thru the top of someone's Prevost or P-51 and I think about how glad I am it's in the hanger and not on Falcon's claim list.

But I have no doubt the Prevosts will return to Lakeland, Granvil will find another chopper, the jerky I bought Kim will last another year and MangoMike will still be running high speed / no grease and the bag will be no less full.

Eclectic is a nice word for odd.....you guys were sorely missed and notwithstanding the precursor to hurricane season; we managed to eke out a good time. Scariest thing was a DC3 sitting on the ramp facing east ended up in a field around 400 yards away on top of another plane ..facing west with minimal damage ...they surmise the only way it got there was to fly over all the other planes.The chopper hunt continues and could be getting close...if so I will publish an announcement. Looking forward to seeing you fellas next year or sooner...oh yeah ,Kim says mail the jerky.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2