Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 Toyo 12R22.5 Tires, 6 Alcoa 8.25" Wheels, 2 Steel Rims.

Default 8 Toyo 12R22.5 Tires, 6 Alcoa 8.25" Wheels, 2 Steel Rims.

Changing out my Toyo 12R22.5's and wheels to 315/80R22.5 on 9.00" rims selling all 8, original tires and wheels, Tires have 37,000 miles, heated garage, no cracks, no cuts, no Flat spots (technically out of date) rims are like new 10 lug. I have extra Marathon Peanut covers I will throw in as well. Price for all??? negotiable. Florida for now, planning on heading up to Holland Mi to Holland MH for some service and upgrades can swap out either in Florida or Holland Mi.

Bruce,

Welcome to the forum. What did these tires come off of and what is the date code?

Bruce, I have a set (2) Koni front shocks for sale on e-bay. Posted title " Prevost Motorhome" They have not sold yet but, lots of hits. So I know they will go at some point.

Just a suggestion for getting the word out about your parts for sale.

Bruce,

I don't know if you are aware but 315 tires are OK to use on 8.25 wheels or 9.00 wheels. In fact on your coach the inner drive wheels are 8.25 and you cannot run two 9.00 wheels on the drive. On a Prevost that is. Don't know what coach you have.

Hello Jon. That is interesting about the 8.25's verses the 9.00". I was told that the 315's would get pinched (?) and end up wearing unevenly which is why I am replacing them with the 9.00" Is it true? The wheels look great that are on the Country Coach but as you know I have a tire fetish which is better than a foot fetish.

Hello Al.

I have 8 Road King shocks sitting in my Garage waiting for the AirBags to arrive so I can head on up to Holland Motorhomes in Holland Mi to service and upgrade the coach. Taking off the Koni's , will end up with 4X 17.50" koni's and 2X 15" koni's (height is at full ride height) left over. I do know if they will fit a Prevost. I do use both Craig's list and Ebay, find ebay a bit of a pain in the Ass. Craig's list on the other hand for certain stuff is excellent.

Hello Truk. The tires are original 7 years old. As I said they are technically beyond the service dates. Now having said this they run nicely, the original owner took excellent care, no cuts, cracking at all, great wear pattern overall, no flat spots, 37K on tires wheels look even better, but they are out of date?

http://www.michelinrvtires.com/miche....do?tread=XZA1

Bruce,

If this link works it will show 9.00 and 8.25 as acceptable rim sizes. If the type of tire is not correct you can look up the information for the specific tire you have chosen but for a 315 tire I am pretty sure 8.25 is OK. Every one of us running 45 foot coaches has an 8.25 steel inner wheel on the drive, and an aluminum 9.00 wheel for the outer wheel.

Whover told you the tires would be pinched needs remedial training.

Michelin did previously list the 9" wheel only for the 315 XZA1 tire. Like John stated Prevost ran as standard a 9" Aluminum wheel with a 8.25" steel inside dual. The original concern was not for "pinching" Michelin was concerned with "dual kissing" where the 2 tires would contact at the lower bulge, and cause excess heating of the carcass. With the advent of the 315 XZA2 Energy tire Michelin took another look at the 8.25" wheel, and has approved the 8.25" wheel for the 315 XZA1 & XZA2 tires. I had spoken to Michelin's engineering people about 2 years ago, as I have chrome plated 8.25" Aluminum Alcoa's, and wanted to run the 315 XZA2 Energy tires. I did not want the cost of new wheels & the plating of the 9" wheels (the plating was $500/wheel 9 years ago) You can run the 315's on the 8.25" wheels without any problem. If the 8.25" wheel has a non-standard offset. You may still want to make sure you have adequate spacing on the dual application.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

Excellent News Steve. You really did your homework on this one. I really was not anxious about replacing the rims, as mine are in outstanding condition plus I have the Smartires on all positions a real waste as Smartire no longer supports the product I've been told. Thanks again Steve. I guess i now have 8 Toyos for sale without the Rims. It pays to do the research, glad to be back in POG. I have to thank Skiff for getting in touch.