Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outstanding Safety Recalls

If you go on the prevost web site you can get a list of safety recalls and tech bulletins for a specific year and model coach. Not sure how you know with out contacting provost to run the vin but at least you will know what they are.

Some time in 2005 I broke the stems off the Tag axle lifters, over the phone Prevost told me I would have no problems except not being able to lift the tags. I got to Tennessee and they only had one part to fix one side so they told me when I got to California to have ML fix the other side. It was after POG VIII (2009) that I requested the build sheet from Quebec using the emails address stated earlier, and got the recall bulletins. So I don't think it is an automatic. The email address given earlier I think is the best way of finding out. They still will not tell you what work was done by an earlier owners request, which I think they should.

I had the distinct pleasure of seeing the other side of the Coach market (I forgot just how bad it is) by staying at Lazy-Days last week for two days while a friend took delivery of a new American Heritage. When I left, he had been there a week, still getting all the broken stuff fixed and the MSRP was only 749K. I then had to deal with an RV repair facility in Alabama to replace ANOTHER leaking HWH hydraulic slide fitting.

When my bus days come back, I will be running to Prevost with open arms!

When I inquired with Prevost about what process is to be used when there are questions about outstanding recalls for a given coach, their response was:

There is 2 ways to know if there is any recalls left to be done on a vehicle.

1-Calling us at 1-866-870-2046 (Warranty Department) and provide us the complete serial # of your vehicle.

2-Or call the Warranty Department (1-866-870-2046) and get set up to do your Warranty Claim on the Web.
    We will then give you a User Id and password, which will give you access to do your Warranty claims on the web
    And also will give you access to see if there is any Recall left on your vehicle and
    Give you access to notify us, if the owner of the vehicle has change.
    We will then be in measure to update our system accordingly.

Dallas

Yay for Dallas Prevost!! Don Arlett and Dave Jacoby!!! Wonderful. I need to call Rosey Malcomb in the a.m.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40