Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to Trade

Default Time to Trade

OKAY BOYS AND GIRLS, It is time to get a new lap top. Anybody got a good experience that they want to tell me about. I have experience with Sonys, Toshiba, and HP. Would like to get the latest and greatest - Just fishing for a recommendation. Is Apple or Macs better than window based? I would like wireless, PCMIA card slots for Verizon Card, Big Screen 17 or 18 inch, built in TV Tuner with recorder (windows media type program) . Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

What were you thinking? Just sitting around the cabin wondering to Mick how much crap you can stir up with a single post?

I thought we picked the scab off of this wound long ago and now you call an airstrike in on us relative to the PC vs Mac arguement. Crap stirrer.

I have three laptops, an HP, a Dell and a Compaq and none of them are worth a Lew. I have carried the Dell about 250,000 miles and it still works, the Compaq has a broken headphone jack (second one) and the HP is in with the IT weenies. It has the computer version of VD, so I'm sure it is just software.

If I were you, I would just find out what kind of laptop Lew has. If it can survive a season with the aged and infirm, it must be pretty good

dalej Guest

Doesn't Lew have a Lewtop bought with Lewbucks?

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Dells Total Care service

Roger- I opted for a Dell when I shoved off full time 2.5 years ago because they had a Total Care service plan that was an option for 3 years. It covers anything and everthing under warranty even if you drop it. Dell will come to you whereever you are in the coutry to fix it. The warranty is approaching it's end now and I've called on them to come out and fix it about 3 times. You call on Monday and they ship the parts to a tech where your at overnight so he can come out by Wednesday. I've been really happy with them living up their end of the warranty. Since I use my lap top with Microsoft Streets and Trips to turn it into a large screen GPS, the monitor get's a lot of vibration and play and the hinges have broken for the 2nd time. I'll call them one last time to put a new screen on it before the warranty ends. I think this super extra warrnaty was about $400 option. I can't recall for sure, but I won't hestiate to buy another one.

Oh, one last thing. I figured sooner or later the thing would hit the ground in pieces from a hard braking or corning (Dukes of Hazard style, yeah baby) but it never has. Vibration from using it while moving has been the biggest culprit.

Hey King Bling,
    IBM Thinkpad.... Customer service is incredible, no recordings, real live people.
    Mine had a full 3 year warranty in 2004, no questions asked.

win42 Guest

Roger: With your tastes in coaches I would think you would settle for no less than a Cray XT3. See below.
    http://www.cray.com/products/index.html
    With one of these you could put so much JW on us Ajax wouldn't get it off.

lewpopp Guest

Roger

I have a run of the mill laptop from Dell and a Compac. I care for my equipment. I am not like the komikazi toilet talking crapper like Jerry and I don't try to drive awming stakes into the earth as "Mr. Wonderful" does.

I think he uses it as a booster seat so he can get up to the food trouth with the rest of the piglets.

Default Computer feedback

Thanks to everyone who responded to my quest on a new laptop.

I believe the LEWTOP has been the best response so far. I am anxiously awaiting The JDUB response!

In the meantime Mango has been working hard : see the latest hi-tech info from the main Mango Man:
    [url[/url]http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/KR1/KR1pg1.html

I got an explanation from the links as to why I couldn't get the HP to work with the Verizon Card. It was the newest and set up for the "express card". Careful out there folks. These newest computers may not have the PCMICA slot - rather an express card slot which requires a different card, that is not available in our area as yet.

Thanks for the info Mike - Very helpful.
    Last edited by rfoster; 11-07-2006 at 01:20 PM.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Fast Roger,

Thanks for the plug, except your link goes to Lewhere.

Try this for the WiFi in the bus info.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/KR1/KR1pg1.html

Mike

Default Correction time

Mango: Sorry about that mislink, I tried to edit and correct it after your post. I guess I can't multitask as good as I used too. This work is interfereing with my bus duties.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost