Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Mi-Fi

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Jon - Yes you can dump Comcast and use the Mi-Fi at home. Your I-pad and Kindle's will also connect to the Mi-Fi just like you were at home on Comcast. There are no wires needed, it's all wireless.

Jim C - Why spend 60.00 per month, dump the USB Aircard, save 25.00 per month and allow up to 5 devices to hook to your Mi-Fi?
    Truk, your Mi-Fi sounds very appealing. I will check it out.

I am at the age where the process of change is definitely not an event. That means it will be awhile.

JIM

Truk,
    I have to thank you for the heads up on the MiFi system.
    I went to the Verizon store to check it out and came home with a couple of new devices at virtually no cost and will be saving a bundle from here on.

I now have a MiFi which replaces my Verizon AirCard AND the Comcast cable service I have at home. In addition, I picked up the Verizon Home Phone Connect which will replace the Comcast VOIP service.

At the end of the day I will save something like $85/mo and have better and more portable service to boot.

Now, if I can hook up my air antenna on the coach to work in concert with the DirectTV satellite service, I will be able to get local channels as well and all will be good.

Glad it worked out for you Chuck. I'm seriously considering dumping my home land line and just going wireless.

Default Since We are talking HI TECH???

Hoping not to create thread creep here- I must ask - is anyone using two slingboxes?

Slingbox is combo of hardware/software hooked to your home cable receiver/ internet router and has the ability to send your Home Cable TV wirelessly over the internet to your MiFi/Air Card/ Droid/Autonet Router. I have been using the air car, Slingbox for 3 to 4 years and have just about come to the conclusion that Direct TV on the bus is a waste for me. I do not have Direct TV at home so the dish subscription is use only for the bus. With the slingbox I can watch my local news or any choice of my local listings. Not possible with the Dome/Dish TV.

The problem used to be poor reception but with improvements in slingbox technology and improved wireless speeds, it is an acceptable picture for me now. The next step is to be able to watch different programs on the front and rear coach TVs. As in Fox news in the front and soap opera in the bedroom. Can't do that now with a single slingbox as one compurter controls its and one only.

Anybody got any experiences that could shed some light on if I can add a second slingbox to run a second computer thru one cable connection? I hope this question makes sense and does not confuse everyone.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

You can check your download and upload speed at this site: www.speedtest.net

Currently in Alexandria, Va I'm at 16.5 upload and 3.9 download.

MIke

King - Start a new thread for your sling hickee and I'll delete your post.

Mango - Stand by for a speed test.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    You can check your download and upload speed at this site: www.speedtest.net

Currently in Alexandria, Va I'm at 16.5 upload and 3.9 download.

MIke
    Are you sure it isn't the other way around? Usually downloads are MUCH faster than uploads.....??

Mango must have a real screamer, my DSL is .065 up and 3.04 down.

We have talked to many over the past months with a 3GB or less demand who love it. Highly recommended.

And if you installed the Wilson amp it boosts the signal to a larger area, we are told.

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Hoping not to create thread creep here- I must ask - is anyone using two slingboxes?

Slingbox is combo of hardware/software hooked to your home cable receiver/ internet router and has the ability to send your Home Cable TV wirelessly over the internet to your MiFi/Air Card/ Droid/Autonet Router. I have been using the air car, Slingbox for 3 to 4 years and have just about come to the conclusion that Direct TV on the bus is a waste for me. I do not have Direct TV at home so the dish subscription is use only for the bus. With the slingbox I can watch my local news or any choice of my local listings. Not possible with the Dome/Dish TV.

The problem used to be poor reception but with improvements in slingbox technology and improved wireless speeds, it is an acceptable picture for me now. The next step is to be able to watch different programs on the front and rear coach TVs. As in Fox news in the front and soap opera in the bedroom. Can't do that now with a single slingbox as one compurter controls its and one only.

Anybody got any experiences that could shed some light on if I can add a second slingbox to run a second computer thru one cable connection? I hope this question makes sense and does not confuse everyone.
    I can't believe you can't get Mick to come back there and watch soaps with you.