Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
Jim C, perhaps you did not get the memo. I'll use the recently introduced new version of the iPad as an example. Amid much fanfare the new iPad is out, and in the same news blurb announcing it they indicated later this year a newer version will be introduced.

At the pace of the introductions of the electronic marvels no matter what anyone has and how new they think it is, i guarantee they are as rooted in the past as I am. Only I don't claim to keep pace with technology.

Unless I have access to a computer I cannot get or send email. My cell phone has no camera, text or voice mail capability (my choice) so I am out of touch with the world until I reach my home base or someone chooses to phone me. There is no lack of ways to reach me, just not through a computer when we travel. The bus as well as Di and I have cell phones and the bus phone has an answering machine.

So it seems your air card by Verizon is already out of date and Tom's MiFi is cheaper and does the same thing only better. If I were you I would hold off until the 4G version comes out, or maybe wait for the 5G version sure to follow. That one will be so fast you will get responses to emails and posts before you send them.
Jon, did not see post #12 before my last post.

JIM