Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuzzy Gray Matter

Lee Bornstein Guest

Joe:
    Large roof vent is normally required for Propane Fridge. It acts both as a chimney for combustion waste and nore important as a way to move cool air over the coils to allow the ammonia based refrigerant to transition from liquid to gas state and vice versa.

Your Electric fridge needs airflow too but not as much as a Propane unit.

Lee

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Lee,The new fridge is 2-way, Propane-110A/C. Our original fridge was 2-way also 110AC/12voltDC. It was however an amonia fridge also, so the chimney should be acceptable. I have nothing to compare what I have now since the original never worked, but I can tell you the cabinat above the firdge gets warm and Im deffinatly going to remedy that.

When installing I created a "foot" to elevate the thing a couple inches off its base to allow cold air to be introduced from inside since I did not cut a hole in the side of the bus for a louvered lower access door outside. It seems to work well. I will watch it and install an louvered outer acess door only if nessasary.

Im hoping that after expanding the roof opening the "warmness" in that upper cabinat will be less noticable. I would expect some warmth there but only minimal.

Orren Zook Guest

Joe,

You could also add a fan to air cooling - these are thermostatically controlled, turning on at 110 degrees and off at 90 degrees. 12v current is required for operation, they're available at camping world for about $35