Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Basic Electrical Things

Jim_Scoggins Guest

This thread originally started about doing some basic maintenance on electrical systems.

Something I have always done is to slowly go through the machine and put a healthy helping of dialectric grease in all the connections I can get to. The first one I try to get are the ones down low that are exposed to an incredible amount of heat, moisture and corrosion--the connections to the tranny are prime candidates.

Just a Saturday morning thinky.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Good morning Jimmy. 328 AM hu. That ain't even rebely yet I get up early like that cause I have to, what's your excuse, PT?

Isin't reviving these old threads fun

I do not know if I am satisfied with the explnation Jon gave me for why my house battery volt meters go up after the bus is started but before the equalizer switch is turned on, and then increase again when it is?

I think the house battery voltages should remain the same with the thing running or not and only increase when the equalizer switch is thrown.

Harry I think I agree with you about the stainless unfortunatly in my haste early on I began the process but not finished it. Boy am I regretting that now. Wanna help

win42 Guest

Joe: Well you see you get this big end grinder and attach 3-4 buffing pads side by side on it. Get a several large sticks of roughe. Have a garden hose with a fine mist spray for temperature control. When you get it all set up you drive by Home Depot in the AM and pick up two of the strongest looking workers standing out front, take them home. After giving instructions on polishing get your lounge chair and a six pack. Before you know it the bus will be polished. This operation is best done out of site of the light green trucks with the badges on the doors. Good luck and stay out of the sun.
    If the job runs into a twelve or twenty four pack, you chose the wrong crew.