Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some feed back on this unit.

I don't know Tom. If it was Charlie Sheen's coach it might not have been used 'very gently'.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

The last time I saw Charlie sheens bus it was for sale at desert west coach in Phoenix.

Thank you for all the help. I've decided to pass as the "broker or advertiser" Prevost -trader has been very elusive about particulars. In addition he has stated he's seen it but can not speak of specifics.

I think anyone interested in seeking a Prevost should put feet on the ground and go to the greatest concentration of coaches for sale. If I lived out west I would definitely talk to Steve Bennet, plus seek out anyone else with more than one coach for sale. If I lived in the east I would talk to the Florida dealers or converters.

By seeing a lot of coaches a person gets to automatically get a true sense of the difference between the various chassis and converters. It is definitely a learning process and instead of focussing on a single coach it provides the big picture to help with the understanding of the differences. Once that portion of the process is complete and the specific body style and converter and floor plan is identified than looking at pictures or visiting a specifc coach for sale would make sense.

One thing I would caution about is believing anyone that does not routinely deal in and sell Prevost conversions. My experience in talking to people who ordinarily never have a Prevost for sale is that they are less likely to know and understand the coach than you the buyer and for sure those in the business of selling Prevost coaches. As a result I suspect the answers to questions are bogus and it is doubtful they care about repeat business. On at least two occasions I have looked at coaches sold by folks who don't understand Prevost conversions and each time I was lied to.

Just my two cents worth. The pictures you see of these bus's really don't do the coach justice. Sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad. I looked for two years, scouring the internet, before we found the bus we bought. And the pictures of our bus almost turned us away from flying all the way to Florida to actually see the bus. Same thing happend to JDUB. He and Rae saw pictures of their current Marathon, but almost didn't go physically look at it, cause the pictures showed a totally different looking coach than what they saw in person. And by that I mean the colors weren't properly represented in the pictures. So when they say a picture is worth a thousand words, if you like what you see, be sure and see it in person to verify it is what you want.

Maybe that is more than two cents worth ?

Gary S.

gershwin, who has this coach? I found a ad for a Vision XLII 2 slide for sale on www.prevosttrader.com. If this is the same coach and same site, beware.!! This is the guy ( Paul somebody, the Florida Dentist) that ripped of Viv!!!!
    http://www.prevosttrader.com/index.php?v=8&iview=145

Have you looked at this coach... We looked at it in Kokomo Indiana back in January. Email me and I can give you the scoop.. Its a twin bunk coach with twin coaches. It has new tires up front, the others are just over 5 closer to being 6 years old. It's stored in a heated hangar.. It does have some small niggling issues in the house. I know the owner will take less than advertized since he made us an unsolicited offer, but not sure how much less. They want a Road Trek since they can't leave home for long periods as they had planned.

http://www.philcooper.com/details.php?v_id=447
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 04-04-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Beware 'The Dentist' Sounds like a Hit Man.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
    gershwin, who has this coach? I found a ad for a Vision XLII 2 slide for sale on www.prevosttrader.com. If this is the same coach and same site, beware.!! This is the guy ( Paul somebody, the Florida Dentist) that ripped of Viv!!!!
    http://www.prevosttrader.com/index.php?v=8&iview=145

Have you looked at this coach... We looked at it in Kokomo Indiana back in January. Email me and I can give you the scoop.. Its a twin bunk coach with twin coaches. It has new tires up front, the others are just over 5 closer to being 6 years old. It's stored in a heated hangar.. It does have some small niggling issues in the house. I know the owner will take less than advertized since he made us an unsolicited offer, but not sure how much less. They want a Road Trek since they can't leave home for long periods as they had planned.

http://www.philcooper.com/details.php?v_id=447
    Thank you Jim:

Yes that is the guy - his website is Prevost-Trader. I asked him some direct questions and his evasive behavior got me curious. He always wanted me to "just give him a call." He claimed the coach was spotless - however he never saw it. He would not provide vin# and owners contact info. I'd love to have it - if for no other reason to let them know the guy is a tool.

The 99 you linked me to is later than I want to get in to.

I just saw the perfect coach for me pop up @ California Coah. Its an 05 Marathon twin bunk. Its an H3 and I'd prefer an Xl but it has everything I've been looking for. Curiously the coach has been on the market for nearly 3 years. It had been on Marathon's site but when I inquired they said they no longer had it. It was on Ken Goss's site (another potential clown) would love to know if anyone has run a "rental" program through him and he told me a couple of months ago it had sold - however the owner was really upside down on it. Now it pops up on Cali's site for considerably less than previously advertised. So I will contact Steve about it and hope to get the whole skinny on this coach.

Sometimes patience pays off:

Here is a link:
    http://www.prevost-stuff.com/2005Pre...onCALCOACH.htm

Gershwin,

This price dance is not unusual around some of these dealers. You have converters trying to hold the resale value of their used coaches up to make the new ones look reasonable and then you get wholly unreasonable prices from the seller without the dealer putting the whole thing into perspective and then you end up with a coach on the market for years.

Our current coach was mixed up in the mess until we got enough "reality light" shining on it and the guy saw what he had. The fact that I was willing to price my coach in the same manner finally convinced him I was serious but not stupid.

Gershwin, that coach that Steve has is the coach we much drooled over when it was beside us a Marathon central in June 2004 being PDI after building. the coach belongs to Steven Smith. We know its history, but will let Steve Bennett tell you the full skinny on this coach.
    It is absolutely stunning both with its paint and interior. We loved this coach since our address has 8's in it. This is Coach 888.
    We never really considered it, since it has Girard awnings on the roof, and an H with Girards will never fit in our barn. Good luck, go see it if you can it is spectacular!!!
    Ya, I have talked to Ken Goss, lots of hot air and chest pounding, IMHO.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40