Thread: Article on Solar, RV Electrical Power Management and Systems

Default Article on Solar, RV Electrical Power Management and Systems

I was given permission by the author of this article to post it on POG. There are a few discrepancies in my opinion, but the article is well written and presents a nice overview of the electrical systems and advantages of Solar Power.

http://www.muniac.com/Power1.html

Tom,

I'm about to read that article, but I wanted your opinion on this

I'm looking at getting 4 of these (21% effecient) with solar controler/charger. Price is $13 per watt (16% effecient are $10 per watt). The reason I am looking at a solar solution is for when the price of power goes sky high and for boondocking. I am looking for the best solution to aviod running the generator or engine to recharge batteries.

When I am ready to purchase a solution, I'll be getting new batteries as well.

Also, this is the inverter/charger I have, will this be ok for the Lifeline batteries?
    Last edited by Yankee802; 02-28-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Yank,

Somehow I missed your post, sorry.

I'm not familiar with your inverter/charger, but as long as it's a 3 stage charger, you should be good. If it doesn't have programmable settings for type of batteries, you can use the wet cell settings. I think Solar Panels are a great idea, but have no experience with them.

Tom interesting article and web site. Looks like this couple are living life to the max.