Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Convert from 8V-92 to Series 60

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Moody View Post
    Have friend that is in process of installing S 60 in 87 prevost. Hes very knowledgeable on the matter. His name is Ken Arnold and he said he would be glad to answer any questions you might have. 615 2104963. I also told him he needed to join POG> He said that he was. Im 1 yr old on POG> Have a good day.
    Thanks Jeff, I am going to call him in the morning just to see if he agrees with the info I have so far. Maybe he has figured something else out.

Hi Robert. i was just going to say it would be a lot less money and trouble to Purchase a newer Coach with the Engine ,and drive trane you want and do a remodel to the interior to get what you like.
    As far as mileage, Mike Simmons was getting 8 MPG towing his car going out to Kerville last year. He has a 45 foot , 1999 Marathon.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

We have looked into a newer coach, unfortunately the only 40 footers are 96-97 models and very few of them available, which means limited features we want. Remodeling the interior is cost prohibitive. The rest are 45 footers and we do not want the length and additional weight. Still looking though.

Jeff, I did call Ken Arnold. What a wealth of knowledge. He is using an "Auto-shift" trans and is almost finished. Should be on the road in a couple of weeks. Waiting to see his results.
    Thanks much for the resource. We talked for almost an hour.

I am sure you have seen it but Ken Robertson has a 99 XL40 and its a Liberty. Surprised he hasn't chimed in. Although it is a laminate interior it is a nice color.

Hey Jeff Moody: In case you didn't see the Oysterfest Post I/we need more Tennessee boys to show up at Bella Terra to help eat oysters. We got some coming from east Tennessee, need at least one from the Mid Tenn area!

L.A. (lower Alabama) should be warm (warmer) by mid March than Rockvale.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by antioch01 View Post
    We have looked into a newer coach, unfortunately the only 40 footers are 96-97 models and very few of them available, which means limited features we want. Remodeling the interior is cost prohibitive. The rest are 45 footers and we do not want the length and additional weight. Still looking though.
    That's exactly how I felt. I even built my bus garage with a pit based on our 40 footer. Nothing will ever make us go back to a 40 footer even though my garage is now cramped and it is a pain getting into the pit. That extra 5 feet makes a world of difference, and the Series 60 makes up for whatever extra weight I am dragging around.

Lee - Thanks for the post, but the '99 Liberty is sold and just delivered this week - Got to update my website today - I do just happen to have the nicest 40' Royale in the country, and it's owners want to resign their membership in the TBC. ( make an offer !!! )

Ken
    Ken Robertson
    Parliament Motor Coach - 727-748-5986

Quote Originally Posted by antioch01 View Post
    How about one of these two? They are at Panterra Coach, where we bought our 01 American XLII. Great folks to deal with. Talk to Bob Makin, tell him I sent you.

http://www.panterracoach.com/index.php?id=36&data=20

http://www.panterracoach.com/index.php?id=36&data=30