Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CC Interior Upgrade

Is that Royal Purple carpet? If it is, our coach is back in style!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriStar View Post
    Is that Royal Purple carpet? If it is, our coach is back in style!
    AmeriStar,

The carpet is more of a maroon than purple. The carpet was supplied by Country Coach when the coach was built. Our plans are to replace the carpet as one of the last things to be done. I do not see my carpet as bad, but definitely dated.

Pete,

The LED conversion was custom. Meaning I built "light boxes" using various thickness of Plexiglas. Each box was custom built to cover the particular element in the dash. It was a PIB to super glue all the Plexiglas pieces, but the results were worth it. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the LED fixture process. The original CC lighting was mess of incandescent light bulbs stuck to the back of the dash to show through the indication on the front. It was terrible! I experimented with LEDs and resistor values to get the brightness I liked. Then after I assembled the fixture, I painted the back side flat black to prevent light back splatter.

It took a little time and patience, but the results were great. I see how the process I used would be costly for a coach builder, but again the results were great. My original back lighting was bad!!!

I did pick up my recovered interior today. It looks great! As I install various pieces, I will post pictures. So far, things have worked out well.

Hector

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Hector, I would like to learn more sometime when your time permits. My dash lights are just worthless, good thing I don't drive that much at night.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Pete,

My 97 Marathon had terrible dash lights, so I replaced all the 24 volt mini bulbs with 12 volt, then set the rheostat to produce 12 volts and the dash lights were nice and bright. I put a tag on the rheostat knob so future owners would know the bulbs were changed from 24 to 12. If your dash is 12v, just disregard this rambling.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Not sure, but I think mine is 12 volt. Will check...good idea! Where are you guys? We are in Bay St. Louis Ms on our way to Bella Terra. See you tomorrow or thursday.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Home, see ya on Thursday.

I like others have very dim gauge lighting. On my list of things to do as a lower priority.

Hector, this is quite an impressive undertaking with very nice results. Congrats.

Gordon,

If the world's smartest dog wasn't riding in your lap, the lights might seem brighter.

Default Carpet Replacement

I am getting close to the "replace carpet stage" in my remodel. I currently have sculptured carpet installed and I like it. When I talk with RV carpet installers, them respond that they have not installed sculpture carpet in 10 years or can not replace sculptured carpet because they can not make the carpet.

I live north of Houston and would like to have the work done in Texas.

My question to other owners is what do you have installed for flooring?

I am interested in replacing with carpet. I like the feel and sound absorbing qualities of carpet.

I am taking a ton of pictures and will post them when complete. The results is looking very good.

Hector

It seems the current trend is wood flooring with a throw carpet over the wood floor. If you are like me, I'm in and out of my coach all the time.
    So its really hard to have carpet.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide