Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CC Interior Upgrade

That right there is an amibitious project!

Hector, I guess NOW would not be a good time for me to come over with my bus, and have you help me with my House Batteries ? Maybe some other time. !!!!

I would go with hard surface flooring in the salon, like Jon did. We really want to remove our sculptured carpet and plastic floor covering, and install wood floors.

Gary S.

Gary, just a thought here. Don't forget to think of your babies(PUPS) with their toenails on the woodfloors.
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Thanks Sandy, for the thought.

Since we have wood floors almost throughout our home, along with tile in the kitchen, they have gotten real use to TIPPY TOEING around every corner to make sure they don't scratch nothing ? They love to slide on their bellies on the wood floor under our leather sofa, that is big fun.

Gary S.

Default Water in the Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchasers View Post

Country Coach owners, take a look at the black module mounted on the back of the instrument cluster. Any ideas of what it is used for?
    Hector
    I found what the module is used for!!

It is a water in the fuel detector module supplied by Prevost. It is not specific to CC only. Apparently, when the resistance changes between the sensors in the Racor fuel bowl as a result of water, this module outputs an alarm to the dash alarm light.

I found the device on drawing provided by Prevost D060815, page 5.

I believe all XL owners have this feature. I am not sure what XLII coaches use.

IMG_1696..JPG

Hector

Thanx Hector,solved just 1 more problem of identification for me, and I am sure it does for others.

CC Upgrade

After a few weeks of intense work, I thought I would share an update on the status of the CC Upgrade. Lee and I did all the disassembly. The only incident worth mentioning is one of the wall panels in the CC conversion is 16 feet long. I had to take the windshield out to remove the wall section. Taking a windshield out is "no big deal", you need a few simple tools.

Thoughts about taking on this type of project:
    1. This is a big job, but doable.
    2. Work on the dash requires concentration, which is harder to come by for us "not so young" guys.
    3. To do this type of project, you must have a very patient wife.

IMG_1772.JPG
    Yes, I did put the dash back together. I am very happy with the dash results.

IMG_1771.JPG
    Another picture of the dash. The word is patience.

IMG_1724.JPG
    This is what the dash looks like after you remove the fabric covered dash cover.

IMG_1729.JPG
    And the best thing is, it all works. Actually, better than it did before. I now have dash lights that make sense. I converted many CC light assemblies to LEDs.
    The engine sprang to life on the first attempt, with all indicators functioning. While I had the dash apart, I tested each lamp. As part of this work, I will test each lamp from the initiating device, to make sure all is well.

I am refinishing the woodwork now and should get my recovered interior back next week. I have visited the interior shop several times during the upgrade process. The interior upgrade is going to add a very nice touch.

So far, I have had no surprises. All has been expected.

Hector

Looking good! There is nothing like the satisfaction gained by doing a job yourself and getting what you want. The knowledge of your coaches systems gained by doing a job like that is invaluable. I don't have enough time or roundtoits to complete a job like that.

Have fun!

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Hector, looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Hector, were you able to convert the dash instrument lighting to LED's? If so could you please give us more detail? Mine are not very bright and I would like to improve them. I have been told that brighter standard bulbs would have a tendency to melt the inside plastic of the instruments, so have not tried to increase the wattage of the existing bulbs. Thanks

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas