Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CC Interior Upgrade

Default CC Interior Upgrade

Our coach is a 1995 model and we felt that the interior looked tired and dated. After 15 years of service the interior looked good and was very much serviceable, but this winter is interior upgrade time. I am removing all components ourselves and we will take the components to an interior shop in Nacodoches, Texas is is familiar with RV interiors. The Foretravel factory is located in Nacodoches, so remodeling RV is commonly done in the city. Their are no Prevost converters in this area of Texas, so Nacodoches is the best bet for my location.

I have take a few shots of the last two days work. Lee and I have done all the disassemble so far. It has taken approximately 7 hours of both of our time to get all the furniture out and half of the salon window trim removed. Not bad for us.

I am determined to do this myself. It looks like a good project that will yield great results.

IMG_1670..JPG
    After all the furniture was removed, we covered the existing carpet with a stick on protector covering. I do plan on replacing the carpet, but wanted to protect the existing carpet.

IMG_1672..JPG
    Part of the interior upgrade will include replacing the upholstery covering the lower part of the dash. I started taking the dash apart. The hole in the top of the dash is where CC puts a store box, "glove box".

IMG_1681..JPG
    This picture captures the drivers side of the salon with the valance and window trim removed.

IMG_1685..JPG
    Here is the removed interior, seats, couch and recliner. This is part of the load that I will take to the upholstery shop in Nacodoches, Texas.

IMG_1680..JPG
    Here are several of the window trim components removed and ready to be removed. One of the window treatment panels is 16 feet long and 42 inches high. I will need to remove one of the windshields to get this out of the bus.

IMG_1677..JPG
    Of course, here is the happy camper, me.

Does anyone have any recommendations concerning replacing carpet. My carpet is sculptured and I do like the touch. The feedback I am getting from RV carpet installers is that sculptured carpet is old style. What is the feeling from POG members concerning sculptured versus non sculptured?

I will update this post as the project matures.

Hector
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Hector, I know what you are going through having done pretty much what you are doing. I did not redo the driver and co-pilot seat, but did remove all of the cabinetry in the front, sofa, & front seats. We had all valances, & sofa, recovered in leather, new headboard, and new carpeting installed. Some of that stuff is HEAVY and hard to handle by yourself. We have been very happy with the changes and look forward to seeing yours when it is complete. I am now considering re-doing the side panels and am interested in seeing how you do yours....maybe I can get some ideas. Please keep posting pics.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Hector, I just finished my less ambitious project to reupholster the sofas and replace the carpet with laminate.

I opted for hard surface flooring and a surface on the sofas that we could wipe down (in lieu of fabric) for two reasons, First, I am sick of removing my street shoes every time I come into the coach. The laminate is easily wiped clean compared to the carpet so that was an easy choice. The sofas were originally covered in a chenile and they just looked ugly. The leather was chosen in a dark color so if the time comes when we want to bring our dogs we will not have to worry about them getting paw prints on the carpet or sofa fabric. These are supposed to be recreational vehicles and now it takes less work to maintain or clean the coach and is a real preasure to be able to walk around with our street shoes on.

Thumbs up

Great project Hector, looking forward to your progress story and photos.

JIM

An update on the remodel process. So far, nothing unexpected. You will need a second set of hands to help with some of the long window trim pieces. I will remove the windshield tomorrow to remove the long interior pieces.

Country Coach owners, take a look at the black module mounted on the back of the instrument cluster. Any ideas of what it is used for?

Hector
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dreamchasers; 02-18-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: corrections

Hey Hector, in the 9th pic down, what is the Nelson Water Valve. I have the exact thing in my 90 coach and can't figure out what it is. Sure would help, 1 more thing out of 100's identified. Thanks in advance. Loved your Bus leveling production. Thanks again for that.

Default Mystery Component.

That is the part I mentioned in the text in the post. I have not detailed the wiring yet, but as I was disassembling, I noticed it attached to the wiring harness behind the dash cluster. I am not sure what it is or its function and was hoping that other Country Coach owners would chime in.

For now, it is a mystery component.

Hector

Hector,

Control board for the voice synthesizer?

Tom,

Good guess, but no joy. The voice synthesizer for my coach is located above, behind the television. I will trace the wiring today.

Hector