Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the odds

Default What are the odds

Went to a local motorcycle meet for vintage bikes the other day,rode my 1945 Harley Davidson Knucklehead which I am slowly restoring to original. Approximately 398 were produced in '45 ,came in one color and had virtually no chrome because of the war effort. Anyway I thought it would be one of the more unique bikes given the relative scarcity. As I pull into the judging area whats there but a perfect( 100pt.) restoration of a 1945,had been in the fellas family since 1950. Mines the one without the bags.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

two needles in a single haystack

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Thumbs up

Yours looks just as good Granvil.

Tell us about the wheel difference! Is yours more rare. I have never seen disc wheels on a bike before.

JIM

I think the guy just put some pressure on you Granvil!

Jim, those are wheel covers ..a 50's accessory. Not really correct for judging but I like them and will keep them on. Tom he sure did, next day pulled the engine for an " engine restoration" if you look at his bike you can see the oil pump and lifter blocks are off white...no aluminum for silver paint,the other pieces are parkerized...I'm trying to get mine done for Eustis in two weeks. BTW tried to attach additional pics but files are too large..whats the trick for fixing that?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Great looking bike, Granvil.

And yep, I would keep the wheel covers..... they really look pretty cool...

Quote Originally Posted by grantracy View Post
    Jim, those are wheel covers ..a 50's accessory. Not really correct for judging but I like them and will keep them on. Tom he sure did, next day pulled the engine for an " engine restoration" if you look at his bike you can see the oil pump and lifter blocks are off white...no aluminum for silver paint,the other pieces are parkerized...I'm trying to get mine done for Eustis in two weeks. BTW tried to attach additional pics but files are too large..whats the trick for fixing that?
    Granvil - find instructions for resizing your picture files for posting in this thread: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...posting+photos

Quote Originally Posted by grantracy View Post
    I will be looking for your bike in Eustis, once I find it you should be fairly easy to find. also are you aware of the Vintage bike show in Deland on Saturday March 5? no fan fair no trophy just a few old bikes and vintage people. It is held on the north side courthouse parking lot, very convenient if you are wanted. Several Florida Police departments drill teams put on demonstrations that are very impressave on the south side of the parking lot. As for parking your bus I have no clue as to where you could park it in Deland. I will be watching for you at both places. Do you go to Sturgis?

I went to Sturgis year before last...will probably go this year. I will be in campground across from fairgrounds in Eustis...went to Deland last year and parked bus in bank parking lot. Will probably take bus to Daytona and leave it for bike week this year and stop in Deland Sunday.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldterry View Post
    Granvil - find instructions for resizing your picture files for posting in this thread: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...posting+photos
    Ok, I tried the instructions..first of all when I right click on photo most of the menu comes up in French( could this be the Prevost influence?) I click edit and it gives me paint/color options but nothing about resizing..am I computer illiterate?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2