From time to time we engage in private and forum discussions on coaches, their value, and details relating to evaluating one. Those of us that are interested cruise through the various sites from time to time just to see what's out there and likely to measure what is being offered for sale against a coach we own or are contemplating.

Today I ran across a coach that I think either has a misprint for the selling price or I am way off base in my thinking of values.

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/1995Pre...CoachSales.htm

To my way of thinking this coach would be a steal. Assuming it was in decent shape as advertised, the price appears well below what I would have expected. I recognize the coach needs work. The belts are missing from the OTR compressor so something is wrong there and that could be expensive. I don't know the age or condition of the tires, air bags, batteries, its maintenance history, if it smells like the bottom of an ashtray, and how clean it really is, inside and out. But at that price a buyer could buy tires and all the other things necessary to bring it into a first class status as far as mechanical reliability and still have pocket money to buy a lot of fuel compared to prices on similar coaches.

Maybe the market still has not hit bottom.