Thread: I'm visiting the factory

Default I'm visiting the factory

Tomorrow. Going to Millennium, and maybe Featherlite if there is time. Nothing is imminent, but I have much to learn. I'm hoping to pick up a thing or two.

In any case, I have been quiet for the last week and wanted to check in. C'ya!

Karl - I'll be anxious to hear about your "factory" visits when you get back! It'll be informative to hear what you've learned and if anything emerged to narrow/sway your buying decision.

Karl,

I believe you mean Amadas, not Featherlite. If you're expecting to visit Featherlite next to Millennium, you're going to be disappointed. While you're in the neighborhood, stop by Florida Luxury Coach to see what Lon has on his lot.

Well... Had a really good time. Millennium is more the factory, at least that we saw. They seem to have a really nice setup where they can make anything from scratch. Chris, the salesman, is fantastic. Not at all pushy, and answered everything i asked, honestly.

Rick, at Featherlite/Vantare/Amadas, was also very accommodating. Unfortunately, most of their coaches had left earlier for a rally. I didn't see any manufacturing facilities there.

The coaches were all nice in their own way. Nothing jumped out to us though. It was really interesting to see the actually construction at Millennium, though I was disappointed that they too do NOT do dovetailing in the drawers. We gave Chris a lecture on BPA and why we would prefer a stainless water tank. Headhunterr toilets are cool, but I think i still like the macerator toilet better.

That's all I can think of right now, but I am sure there is more that will be brought to mind as people comment.

Oh, and thank you to whomever told me about the VIN and chassis year. I also learned today that someone will be mad when they figure out that the '09 they bought is really an '06.