Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm no computer newbie

While this forum has a lot of collective knowledge available for anyone that takes the time to read and research it, I think the greatest number of us are here for the enjoyment. This is like one great big campfire discussion where anyone gets to insert their 2 cents.

I just hope the newcomers never feel they are on the outside looking in. I hope they can feel comfortable asking a question even though it may have been asked 100 times before. I hope the newcomers understand when we start insulting one another that we don't mean it, at least not all the time. I hope all newcomers can share with us who they are and lets us know a little about themselves. We have a lot of expertise collected here and it is nice to be able to tap into that expertise once in a while.

I agree with Tom in that maybe we could get some of the lurkers and newcomers to jump in and give us their opinion of POG and this site. My reasons are purely selfish. As POG grows and its members become more involved we have greater influence with suppliers and service providers. Our coaches are not inexpensive and caring for them takes effort and money. As a group we can work collectively to learn who is out there willing to help us with good quality work and supplies at fair prices. By hearing from everyone, including the newcomers we increase our collective knowledge.

There was a time when the Prevost Prouds and Prevost Car made sure we were well informed and properly taken care of, but Prevost has changed and the Prouds are not the force they once were. POG has the potential to fill the void but to be most effective we all have to participate, sharing good news, questions, experiences, etc. not just technical stuff, but information relating to campgrounds, places of interest, and better ways to enjoy our coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I nominate Sawbonz to pull together the links of pertinent poop for POG members. Do I hear a second?
    #CHOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    While this forum has a lot of collective knowledge available for anyone that takes the time to read and research it, I think the greatest number of us are here for the enjoyment......... not just technical stuff, but information relating to campgrounds, places of interest, and better ways to enjoy our coaches.
    Jon is exactly right on.

It is all about getting the most enjoyment from our coaches and enjoying this lifestyle to the fullest extent. And a major part of that is getting to meet and create friendships with some of the nicest, most diversely knowledgeable folks you'll ever meet.

That happens best by participation in this forum, attendance at POG rallys and sharing our questions and experiences.

I know that being a member of POG has certainly enhanced my bus ownership experience immensely.