Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm no computer newbie

Question I'm no computer newbie

And I have been on the boards since they were single user dial-in. However, I am a little confused. When I haven't been on for a day I want to click the "new posts" button and see something consistent. It seems to me that I can reload the page a short time after a visit and have the list of new posts be only three deep, where it was six deep an hour before.

Really what I want is to read things posted within a time frame so that I can get the big picture hear without wading through four year old posts. Maybe a way to just order the posts by date (think "active" forum on RV.net). Is there anything like that here?

The way I figure it, the site what I have opened on my last visit and won't display those the next time unless someone has posted after I read the post.
    The only way to confirm for sure is to revew all of the Forum Categories for who posted last and at what time.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

That's what I thought too, but that is a big waste of time. Something I found after this post is to do an advanced search. Select "posts" and your time period. It is a much smaller list to go through!

I don't know, Karl, the "New Post" link seems to work pretty consistently for me. It's basically how I read the board every day. Now you've got me wondering if I'm missing stuff!?! ACK!

Lightbulb

Karl, since you want the easy way, look at the border at the page top and click, FORUM ACTIONS, under that click, MARK FORUMS READ.

This will give you a starting point from which you can read only the posts you feel necessary.
    Just before you log off each session click MARK FORUMS READ again. In this way you will only see new posts since your last log in. The next time you log in and click, WHATS NEW you will only see posts newer than your last log out.

I do however recommend that you start a methodical read of all Threads and Posts from day one to get the best understanding of the PREVOST CONVERSION and all the people you are integrated with.

To say POG is disorganized is a gross understatement and much of what you want/need as a newcomer is buried in and amongst the web pages.

Good luck and enjoy.

JIM

Karl,

Follow what Jim said, then after clicking MARK FORUMS READ click again NEW POSTS and you will get message:

"Sorry, there are no new posts to view.

You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here"

I hope this is what you are looking for,

Alek

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post

To say POG is disorganized is a gross understatement and much of what you want/need as a newcomer is buried in and amongst the web pages.
    DING! That's what I'm trying to figger out.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldterry View Post
    I don't know, Karl, the "New Post" link seems to work pretty consistently for me. It's basically how I read the board every day. Now you've got me wondering if I'm missing stuff!?! ACK!
    I think you are fine. Jim's post below yours is probably the best way for me to get to where you are, i.e. having "read" everything.

Next question: How do I get it to jump to the last post I haven't read in a given thread? I can get to the last post, or even the last page, but those are not the same.

Kindly explain to me what is disorganized?