Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
Over the years with this forum and others I have been on there is one thing constant. Newcomers to the forums will start asking questions, and a lot of the time those questions have been answered over and over.

Because of that participants in forums usually take sides, with one faction suggesting that newcomers do a search instead of asking for answers that have already been given.
For the record, I looked for the answers to my initial question (about pricing and such, another thread) prior to posting, but only because of the second statement above. There is an interesting thread on rv.net about the stupid common posts, and the more stupid answers given to them. The vitriole on that site is one reason I am impressed with this one.

You surely know, because I do after being on here a short time, that there are a half-dozen topics that could be addressed by "stickies". Even so, some of those threads just give people the chance to post and talk, which is a good thing. Even if off-topic.

I do think it would be fantastic for someone (Jon) to organize the site though. Make it into a book for me to read, a wiki if you will.