Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oysterfest 2011

Hybrid View

Cool Oysterfest 2011

My whistle ain't wistling like it should - Time for low Fat Oysters!

Anybody want to hit the Gulf the weekend of March 18th?"

Maybe check out Fairhope Al - Coastal Haven RV - Pete has been there - his comments were favorable. If not we can always go back to see Charlie in Mobile.

If we can get a few hungry bus owners together - I will contact them and see about spots.

And we should get a personal appearance by the Winchester Clan in the new OSU bus.

Post back to this thread if you got an interest. There will be no agenda, no meetings, just eating relaxing and lying.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

I'm in and a different Park is OK with me.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Roger.. add us to the list. For anyone who has not visited Fairhope, it is very nice. They have a historic district with lots of antique shops ect. and a Wentzel's seafood restaurant, as well as other good places to eat.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Add us. We had a great time last year and look forward to a repeat. Sherry just last week fixed the last of those delicious shrimp that Daryl Graham so graciously gave us attendees last year, man were they good!!!!!!!!!!

Vita and I would be very interested! Also, I'd like to suggest Bella Terra or Heritage RV Resorts in Foley/Orange Beach as possible sites. Both are super nice!

We are in and I like the park change. BT and Heritage may be too far for the King to hang during oyster happy hour. We'll get there Friday afternoon and be wheels up for Houston around the same time on Saturday.

The Wintzell's location in Fairhope looks pretty sweet.
    Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 02-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Pete and EJ
    Nita and I have just joined POG. Your name came up yesterday when Jay was working on our coach. Hope you and EJ are well, and that we can get together one of these day.

Nolan Bedford

Default Glad you Joined Nolan

Nolan, welcome aboard the POG site.

Guess you finally took my advice for joining, GOOD JOB.

Now about trading your New Imperial in on a nice bus, HOW is that coming along? I know I have convinced your lovely wife, Nita to get a bus, is it the color or number of slides you are having problems deciding?

Glad you joioned, you will have lots of fun here.

Gary S.

Well it looks like after much aggravation and a lot of arm twisting, we bought Ken's 99 Marathon. Of course none of the arm twisting and aggravation was Ken's fault. His efforts and persistence in trying to make a deal work out and run smooth was worth the wait. This will be our first Prevost and it will be a good one for us to learn in. Lee is already handing me a list of honey-do's to change out so I'm sure you will be advising us with plenty of tips! We also are registered for our first POG event also. We are reserved in Bella Terra from 3-17-20 and am looking forward to meeting to everyone.

Lee and Doug Cox
    Bella, Olive, Ellie, Pink, Carmin and Raymond (The Herd)
    4 Yorkies, 1 Chihuahua, 1 Mix and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
    '99 Marathon XL
    Temporary Toad 09 Polaris Ranger
    New Port Richey, FL

OK, just confirmed Mar 15-21 for us at BT , really looking forward to meeting POG's.