Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POG X TECHNICAL SESSIONS

Default POG X TECHNICAL SESSIONS

As you are all aware things are well underway for making our tenth official national rally a success. The group of five POG I attendees has been working to pull all the details together and in the not too distant future more of the group's activities will be taking shape in the form of final plans and announcements.

A big part of all the national rallies has been the seminars. Over the years we have learned about the Prevost chassis and its components and systems, we have learned about tires. and a multitude of other topics specific to our coaches.

This year we will have 5 technical sessions and one round table discussion.

This is your rally. It is not only a chance to meet up with old and new friends, but is a great opportunity to build on your knowledge and understanding of your coach.

I would like you to post your suggestions for technical topics that are of interest to you and that will help you better understand your coach. Please add your comments and suggestions here. From the suggestions we will do a survey to determine those technical topics of the greatest interest for our rrally in Austin in October.

I will be gone until next week so fill up this thread with your recommendations until then.

Just to help those who have not attended any rallies we have covered inverters, brakes, the suspension system, tires, and even windshield replacement. If you have an interest in any of these or other topics, add your comments here.
    Last edited by truk4u; 03-19-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Mirror servo replacement
    Recommended spare parts you need on hand
    My toilet won't flush - what now?
    My awning won't go in - what now?
    Electric load management
    Super secret switches - where are they and what do they do?

A discussion on slides.

Prevost vs. HWH
    Seal replacement
    changes made in design over the years
    common problems and fixes

Who to call on the road (other than Jon) including a representative from Prevost Action Service (PASS).
    Aqua Hot, ?/Webasto, Mango
    Batteries, Truk

Most of us have awnings by Zip Dee in one form or another.

It would be great if we could extend an invitation to Zip Dee to see if they would be interested in sending a representative. Jimmy Hopkins is the go-to guy there for help with Zip Dee awnings.

Demonstration on how to scout a trip, including selecting stopping points along the way, and pre-run it with fly-over-the-entire-route view from your driveway/starting point, using Google-Earth app., with rest, restaurant, fuel stops, churches, etc., on the way.??

Air systems...testing, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting. Use a bus with hands on instruction.

Jennifer says driving tips for wives (see JDUB post on Oyster thread). Actual lessons, instruction?

How about the safe procedure to air up your tires?

No joke on that driving comment. I would have been in a bind had Rae not been able to not only drive every mile from Bella Terra to Houston, but to stop at a truck stop, fill the coach up and get back onto I-10 without getting nicked up. We got to the hanger about 4:30 after a 7:30 start and probably would have made better time had I not told her to set the cruise at 68 so she wouldn't have to pass anyone but the Schnieder trucks.

Hey Jerry,What kind of mileage does the new bus get at 68?