Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I made a mistake

Amen to that Karl.

I have been trying to sell my plane and there are times I just want to choke the fools.

Our very own Truk has done a fair bit of trading and perhaps he can either provide you with a shoulder to cry on and give some advice, or he can reveal his secrets to buying low and selling high.

Keep the faith boy's, there's a butt for every saddle!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Amen to that Karl.

I have been trying to sell my plane and there are times I just want to choke the fools.

Our very own Truk has done a fair bit of trading and perhaps he can either provide you with a shoulder to cry on and give some advice, or he can reveal his secrets to buying low and selling high.
    Woo hoo! I got Jon's approval (I think)!

I remember selling my plane. It was a bittersweet day. The first guy that looked at it bought it. Of course, that was the end of flying.

Hi Karl. The larger Convertor companies will only buy your Monaco at wholesale prices whatever that is now a days. Make sure to leave out any talk about a trade in . Make a deal on a new coach based upon the Coach itself and its value.
    I did have a little luck selling my Country Coach on consignment rather than trading it in but it took 8 months and it was just a little higher than wholesale. its difficult and best left to pros.
    Steve Bennett from California coach sold it for me.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

The other thing to consider is if you are upside down in it, like I am. I wish I could pay cash for the new one, but I have to do it the old fashioned way, then roll the negative equity into a new loan.

Karl,

If you haven't already, you should talk to Ken Robertson, one of our Sponsors, and if anyone can put a deal together, he can. Since he's in Clearwater, he's close to you.

Who is he with?

My advise is simple Go Very Slow and shop alot It is more fun looking than writing a check No reason to buy new unless you enjoy big writeoffs Visit Google and Ebay and Phil Cooper and many others Your best buy is probably 2005 to 2007 models Two Slides are enough Best advice is to sell your coach first and when you do go through a dealer to utilize your tradein on a replacement coach Try to utilize it in your business or start a business using the motor home Buy something you can resell Do not buy funny colors or paint jobs nor ugly interiors unless you budget to change it Start now and see what you find Remember there are lots of good deals out there

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Karl, I was at Millennium a couple weeks ago. I was at Excaliber to get seal put in alternator so went down the street to see them and took the tour. They had a nice 2008 that was priced at around 900,000 said he would cut me a good deal, but I am a Liberty person would not change, when you look hard you will see the difference. I wondered about the weight with all the Granite and Marble floors, watched wiring installed on a new one very impressive! They only build 10 a year so the sales person said and they are taking orders for early 2013. Seems the high end stuff is selling pretty good. Good luck with your search!