Karl,

So, Jon, what do you look for that made the Liberty your best choice?

Since I previously spoke negatively about salesmen that speak bad of the products of other converters I will speak only of the positives I attribute to my coach and those of a similar vintage. Keep in mind certain of the positive attributes may not relate to all converters such as battery location or lack of power accessories.

The coach has riveted construction which allows easy removal and replacement of damaged panels. Body panels are availble from suppliers other than Prevost for economical replacement cost.
The coach has smaller windshields which can be replaced in about 1/2 hour and because of their height limit solar heating inside the coach. The windshields are often available for $150 or less
The coach has a solid front axle as opposed to independent front suspension minimizing maintenance while being very durable.
The coach has a lower weight than later models which reduces fuel consumption and allows the use of smaller tires at lower pressures.
The coach has 298 gallon fuel capacity reducing the need to visit truck stops and providing a practical range of 1800 to 1900 miles with reserves enabling fuel shopping.
The coach does not have power windows, shades, or awnings reducing complexity and need for repairs.
Coach batteries are all located where they are visible and easily accessible for checking and easy replacement.
The coach has an electrical system that can be diagnosed and serviced using simple tools and meters.
The side windows (like the windshield) are easily replacable.
The coach has a vintage of engine that provides an average fuel consumption of 7 to 8 MPG contributing to its range.
The shell configuration and conversions within the shell represent a long model run that was refined over decades and which has virtually no design issues.