Thread: Slide Dimensions

Default Slide Dimensions

Folks,

Can someone please tell me the length and height dimensions of the XLII living room slide?

Thanks,

My outside demensions are 14'-7" by 6'-8". Other Coaches may vary.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks Gary,

That helps a bunch. Wow, that's a huge slide. My BB has a 14' x 6' living room slide. I was kinda hoping I could adapt an XLII pneumatic slide seal but that isn't going to happen... My coach uses HWH technology with a pnuematic seal but it doesn't have the preformed, radiused, corners like the Prevost seal. I have to somehow make the linear seal bend without kinks... Not easy.

I'm not sure a seal with preformed corners will be that much better than a seal that is linear. I have been involved in two slide seal replacements, one of which had preformed corners that were exactly where they needed to be and one in which there was an issue with the dimensions. Both went in place quite easily, and both sealed.

When the seal is inflated prior to installation the inflatible seal goes from a flat shape to a round shape about the same size as a bicycle tire. It is going to fill any void whether the corner is preformed or not. If it has preformed corners the installation is easier for locating purposes, but other than that I'm not sure they are really required and fusing them in place I think is to benefit the wipers, but not the inflatible portion.

David,

When my rear gasket was changed Newell used a linear gasket, not a pre-formed gasket. They glued it in place all around the outer perimeter of the slide opening and then glued the ends, folded the ends over, and screwed them down. When aired up they formed a perfect seal. No leaks in 4 years.

So long story short, you do not need to find a pre-formed gasket. I watched the entire process and it really very simple.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Folks,

Thanks! I appreciate your insight!

Best