Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Counrty Coach Fire

Default Counrty Coach Fire

One of my neighbors had a fire in his '10 Counrty Coach. No one aboard, they were out for a few hours. It appeared that it started in the area where the coach batteries are. Chuck Spera, Bill Dator and I supervised the procedure. The Naples fire Department enjoyed, axing the front door open. No one on onboard, no animals.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

That would be him.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

There is nothing worse than seeing something that you loved burn up in a fire. My heart goes out to the VanderWal family. So sad!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Terrible. Makes me sick. How can POG help?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

This is awful. Did they actually axe the front door. Bet that took them a while. Looks like the fire was in the rear although the battery bank is in a cargo bay. What does the inside look like ? Do you think this will be a total loss ? Did you and Bill wear your Fireman Hats while directing ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I can relate to the pain associated with seeing your coach go up in flames.

Bus Fire July 21 &#3.jpg

In his case his bus was for sale, so if the insurance company totals it and he gets a check for what he was expecting from a sale he comes out OK. Nothing is worse than the feeling in your gut when you first see your bus damaged by fire.

Rick,Any idea what caused this fire?

The question about the Coach being a total loss is interesting. If the Coach was a Marathon, Liberty, Millenium, etc. I believe it would be a Total. They would not want to deal with this coach in the future no matter who repaired it.
    Since Country Coach is defunct and out of buisness, the coach could be repaired and back on the road since it is not being supported by any company.

I know several coaches which were totaled by insurance companies . The convertors considered them de listed.
    They still got repaired but they have much less value because they are orphans.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I do not agree with the statement regarding the relationship between Country Coach , its alledged non-supported value vs other converter entities still in business and I view the logic and the comment as out of order. Converters do not set the insurance recovery amounts. No coach, regardless of the converter, will normally be repaired beyond its potential value in the marketplace and certainly no insurance company would knowingly spend dollars beyond an informed market place amount.
    Pres