Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus stands

scott13 Guest

Default Bus stands

Isn't anybody going to comment on the chance of getting more bus stands built. Jon, where are you? You always have a comment on everything and besides I think you made them. I know I have an H and it's sort of an outcast on the site but us H owners should be safe too when we need to climb under the bus. Don't throw us under the bus just cuz it doesn't say XL on it.

Jon is on his way home today from Titusville, leaving early because he had to use his Webasto and is pissed off at the Florida temps causing him to use Diesel instead of free electric. The Webasto use will also askew his log book numbers and there's a chance that he could be as much as .00001% off with his ongoing fuel consumption chart from 1987. It's a break for me as I can't handle another day of the Lennon Sisters and the best of Lawrence Welk.

So, the POG Godfather wanted a lesson in cell phones and Wi-iF, a process that became difficult at best.The first hurtle was to try and convince him the cell phone he wears on his hip should be turned ON! No, that won't work, as long as it's off, he doesn't have to worry about cell use time. His plan is to call people back after he gets home if he has any messages.

So I took the time to explain Wi-Fi, Mi-Fi, Broadband, Droid, Iphone, Blackberry, Laptops, Ipad and Smart Phones in general. So the thought of mobil communication in this day and age with A-1 is hopeless and he kept asking about the possibilities of finding pay phones and wondered if Telex was still an option. We did string two beer cans between the Coaches and he seemed happy.

As he left this morning, he yelled out the window that his Roids were Tethered!

Tom, that is toooooo funny.. !

Sorry the weather in Florida didn't work well for you guys either. Peg, our 2 new kids and I were there over the Xmas / New Years Holiday and it wasn't pleasant then either.

Did you get a chance to talk to the people at the Signature resort in Naples?

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Jon is on his way home today from Titusville, leaving early because he had to use his Webasto and is pissed off at the Florida temps causing him to use Diesel instead of free electric. The Webasto use will also askew his log book numbers and there's a chance that he could be as much as .00001% off with his ongoing fuel consumption chart from 1987. It's a break for me as I can't handle another day of the Lennon Sisters and the best of Lawrence Welk.

So, the POG Godfather wanted a lesson in cell phones and Wi-iF, a process that became difficult at best.The first hurtle was to try and convince him the cell phone he wears on his hip should be turned ON! No, that won't work, as long as it's off, he doesn't have to worry about cell use time. His plan is to call people back after he gets home if he has any messages.

So I took the time to explain Wi-Fi, Mi-Fi, Broadband, Droid, Iphone, Blackberry, Laptops, Ipad and Smart Phones in general. So the thought of mobil communication in this day and age with A-1 is hopeless and he kept asking about the possibilities of finding pay phones and wondered if Telex was still an option. We did string two beer cans between the Coaches and he seemed happy.

As he left this morning, he yelled out the window that his Roids were Tethered!
    That was priceless, put it in the articles section under

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Gary,
    We're now thinking a mini Rally at Hearthside to coincide with Oshkosh, stay tuned!
    When is that, please? We intend to visit the northern peninsula and have it coincide with Hearthside. Thanks.

I'll make a new post Ken in Rallys.

This thread seems to have gotten off base but I'll ad this:

We took advantage of a very expensive brochure offer for a free week at Signature Naples.

We asked, several times, for a sales pitch but no one really tried.

We left after 4 very inexpensive waterfront days with the salesman arriving as we unpluged.

Nice place that has gone bankrupt twice before under other management. Hope these guys don't do it again.

I heard that A1 got mad and left cause he couldn't use his OTR A/C because of the cold Florida Temps.

Truck: Can you redeem the empty Geritol bottles or do you just have to trash them?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

King - I think he threw the Geritol bottles in the back of the Hummer, but one thing I learned, you better get out of the way at 4:00 PM when the Senior Buffets start!

Woody - Sounds like you experienced some of Signatures no-service also. Sorry for the thread creep, I'm guilty on this one.

scott13 Guest

So you guys think when he gets back he'll want to make some bus stands to off set that extra diesel he had to burn to keep from freezing to death in Florida? does he know most of those people on Lawrence Welk are dead? Even the people in the audience.