Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to post a big picture.

Jeffery Raymond Guest

Wink How to post a big picture.

I am going to try to do a quick lesson here on posting a picture in the body of the the text of a message.

First, find a site on the internet, either from one you know or go to "Google--> image' by opening Explorer a on 'top' of your open POG forum page. Keep clicking on the image until you only see the image there.

Then, look at the browser address. Right click on the address and COPY.

Then right here in this window, look at the little landscape box, fourth from the left (yellow). Left click it. You will get a pop-up on the upper left hand corner of your screen. Clear that screen with your back key. Right click on it, and select PASTE. You will see the address you copied. Left click OK and you will see a code with IMG in brackets on both sides of your message. Then go ahead and write whatever you would like.

When you then click on "Submit New Thread" it will pick up the link from the image you have selected.

After you do it a couple of times, you will think it is cool. And then we can post lots of nifty bus pictures.
    Last edited by Jeffery Raymond; 01-25-2006 at 07:20 AM.

Ben Guest

Wasn't there a was I'm supposed to be able to post a photo without first having to upload it to another site? I thought you mentioned that there was, but for some reason I cannot find that message in a search.

I'd post photos MUCH more often if I didn't have to go through a bunch of hoops to get them uploaded.

So, if there is a method to directly upload a photo to the POG site, please tell me step by step. The only meathod I know of is to click the photo icon on a post and give it a URL for another site, which is a true pain in the ass.

I brought up similar issues awhile back. There is (according to vBulletin documentation) the ability to upload attachments, and then refer to them in the message body. See the final 3-4 posts in this thread:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/fo...p?t=170&page=2

But, at that time there seemed to be a configuration issue that the forum thinks it's located on staging.prevostownersgroup.com, rather than the correct location.

I don't know if this has been corrected. My guess is no, because when I subscribe to threads, the email link in the reference email always points to the wrong place (i.e. on staging).

I run a vBulletin forum for Pixar (my employer), but it's an older (heavily modified) version of the software. In the older version, there are two options in the General Settings page (available from admin menu), which define the head of the forum. Perhaps those were wrong? It's very possible that one of these settings (most like the URL setting) is what the email and attachment settings were derived from?

Ray

Default Forum Problems Posts, Images etc..........

I apologize for the current issues. We are currently working on them and if they continue we will purchase another system as we have incompatability in several places where we shouldn't.

Jim

Ben Guest

Ideally it would work like most other sites that I upload to:

1) you click the picture icon, which causes a window to open
    2) In the window, you click the browse button, which allows you to browse your hard drive and select and image
    3) you click the upload button

...and BINGO! you have a picture within your message.

PLEASE see if there's any way to impliment something that easy.

lewpopp Guest

Ya know, It's just my luck when I go to download the directions, half of it on the right doesn't print on the page and I still end up with horseshit. Keep on keeping on. Lew's shorts are in a bunch again.

Well at least we got Lew to start wearing shorts. Going commando was a little over the top.

I think Lew needs a technology intervention. We need to take up a collecton and send him to computer camp.

Shorts? When did you buy shorts? I guess when we told you that "Crack kills" in Florida, you thought it was a plumber's butt deal.........

dalej Guest

I do too! tried to post a photo, it worked but would like to insert some of the ones that we take when out riding the HOG! Its raining here in NE so I'm in a learning mode. So is there no way to drop photos in from my hard drive? How does Mike get corona kelly on there? not that I have seen them, just heard about them.
    Last edited by dalej; 09-09-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Dale, Not to be left out.

Thanks to the powers that be posting pixs are a lot easier. Just go down to additional options and select manage attachments. A dialog box comes up and push the choose file button, find the pix on your computer and press the upload button. Returning to the original posting screen and click on the paper clip just above your new message and it will insert your pix. A good size is 500 - 600 pixels wide.

Miss ya, Corona Kelly

Hope your avatar is a crop duster, or someone is in serious doo doo.
    Last edited by MangoMike; 09-10-2006 at 09:02 AM.