Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
Mark what part of small did I miss 205 tractors? Just joking. I bet you had your hands full. The boys have 35 cattle trucks and all I hear them complain about is I can't wait to just get sub- haulers. That's all they run is Michelin on their trucks. They used to run retreads on the trailers but quit doing that a couple of years ago.
I guess I was comparing to the big guys like JB Hunt and the likes. Yes, we did have our hands full much of the time! We had four shops and did ALL our own maint./repair/tire work. We used the Michelin retreads and they performed very well and we used them on drive axles and trailers. You had to really look to even tell that the Michelin was a retread...they looked identical to the new tire. We routinely got 10 years out of a Michelin casing! Lots of time we could cap 3 times and get good life. Michelin just keeps getting better all the time.

I can see where the price could chase people away from Michelin if they are priced as high as what some have posted here. Our buses won't usually get the kind of miles or wear and tear that a truck gets, so maybe another brand could work for some people, but I plan on sticking with what I know is a good product....even if it costs a little more than the others.

I have not yet priced tires for the bus, but I am sure I can get a good deal from the dealer we used when it is time.