Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Place For Webasto Parts

Default Good Place For Webasto Parts

Caught the Webasto "short cycling" and figured the circulating pump had gone bad. Sure enough that was the problem, but the next issue was where to get the pump since Webasto won't sell to an individual, Prevost doesnt stock the part, the local dealer didn't want any part of trying to help out and the folks at the old standby - Vehicle Systems / AquaHot out of Colorado, have gone totally mental.

In fact a call to them got a quote of more than $950 for the pump. But the Prevost parts guru, Ron Beverly, came up with Bus Services of Sharon Springs, KS who actually had a Webasto guru named John who had the part for $481 and overnighted it as well.

Their number is 888-287-3499.

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Thanks Jerry for passing this info along!

Good job JDUB. We stopped in and met John & his wife Trudy a couple years ago. An interesting small side trip if ever going to be in that vicinity of Nowhere Kansas. Amazing amount of parts available. Web page leaves a bit to be desired, but John's knowledge & parts are amazing.

I have had my Wabasto worked on for three years now , finaly last week $1,500. got it rebuild but now still cycles after reseting ( turning off and then on ) than cycles for a while till warm than have to turn off than on to get it going. What is going ON???? Is it something in the switch's over the dash?

Bobby check the limiting thermostats under that little black box on top. I had a problem had to flip the switch all the time to get the unit to come back on and I replaced the the two thermostats and problem solved. Dick Wright at Wrico international sell parts and you can also get them at many marine dealers.
    GregM

Well still had problems with Webasto ,The last guy in Phoenix reversed a couple of wires and rebuilt everything, would stay on just till cycled off then had to reset toggle over dash. Another guy from Phoenix (All Aboard America) came all the way to Mexican Hat and cleaned it all up ,, got the wiring all right, but still smokes.
    I talked to another expert and he told me about an other Prevost (1989) that he traced the fault to low voltage when inverter not on SEARCH. I (today) installed a ham radio battery booster over the dash feeding the two toggle switches, to make sure the voltage is always 13.5, We will see if it will run all night now!!!!! Maybe that has beed the trouble since 2004 when the new inverter was installed?? Sure hope so.

Bobby, I feel your pain we had a plastic coach that we fought the furnace for several years and it never did operate properly. I do have a guy that is excellent I have attached a recent flyer that he emailed to me. John Carrillo (Aqua Hot) Newsletter Indio CA, Quartzsite, Yuma AZ.pdf

John rebiult ours last year in Shreveport at a Rally... when he opened it up he came in the bus and was amazed to see that it was a unit that he himself had built originally... it had his code marked on it... We spent over $1200 and it still short cycles all the time... very annoying and he was far away by the time we realized that it didn't work right !!

Quote Originally Posted by HarborBus View Post
    Bobby, I feel your pain we had a plastic coach that we fought the furnace for several years and it never did operate properly. I do have a guy that is excellent I have attached a recent flyer that he emailed to me. John Carrillo (Aqua Hot) Newsletter Indio CA, Quartzsite, Yuma AZ.pdf

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Same John who did a tune up on mine,when it worked fine/ 200 tune up turned into 1500.dollars and finally I said NO when he tried to add a new radiator cap///quite a salesman/

To new owners the bus can be daunting. However most systems and devices are easily owner serviced. The Webasto is one such device. Mango Mike has done an excellent job of taking the mystery out of the Webasto in this instruction manual on his site.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Webasto/Webapage1.html

I recognize some owners may choose to not do their own work. However, unless such an owner likes to have his wallet vacuumed out as has been discussed above that owner should read and understand Mike's article and become familiar with how and why the Webasto works. There is little that can go wrong. The brain can fail. The nozzle can become clogged, the pump can fail, the electric eye which detects flame can get sooted up, and the spark can fail. An owner can methodically verify all of these things. Provide power and fuel to the Webasto and if everything else is OK it should work. For aquahot owners you also need to be familiar with Mike's article because a Websto is the heart of an Aquahot System.

Diane: As to short cycling look at your coach and make certain valves are open and the circulating pump(s) are functioning. I say that because if the brain is working right it will shut off flame when the coolant reaches 160 degrees. If coolant is not being circulated due to a bad pump or closed valves it will short cycle because the heated coolant is not being carried away from the "boiler". I am not familiar with how Vantare set up the Webasto system so I cannot be more specific. Perhaps Ben or Rick can jump in.