Thread: Cured My Leans for Less Than $10

Default Cured My Leans for Less Than $10

After a couple of cold mornings, I noticed that the front of the bus would drop. Then, with warmer temps it would still drop, albeit more slowly, after a couple of days.

So.... I decided to check things out with my trusty bottle of leak detector (soapy water) and sure enough, the drain cock on the passenger side air reservoir tank is leaking air....

As there are few quality parts to be found locally, I ordered up a new replacement from Prevost, along with a couple of spares 'cause ya just never know when you'll need one.

$8.10 ea, shipped for free.

As luck would have it, friends and fellow POGgers Eric and Deb Faires happened to be visiting our Resort here in Port Saint Lucie. So, since I know that few folks are as well acquainted with the underside of a bus as Deb, I asked if she would give me a quick safety inspection to make sure I've placed my bus stands (thanks, Jon!) correctly.

Eric and Deb gave me the thumbs up and under the bus I crawl, tools and parts handy.

A few minutes later the new drain cock ( part #641043) is in place and the leak has been resolved.

Sure is nice to have my bus back to level once again.

Eric and Deb, thanks for the supervision!
    Last edited by phorner; 01-08-2011 at 08:31 AM.