Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: Internet on the road

Default Re: Internet on the road

Hello,

We now use Datastorm and Verizon aircard to connect to Internet when on the road.
    Is anybody using "MiFi" from Verizon. If yes, what is your experience with it ?

Alek

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

We have been using a Verizon Mifi card for just over a year....it works great!

Jill uses her iPad and i use a Mac book Pro....we have no problems getting online at the same time. Going down the road Jill uses the GPS in her iPad with the Mifi card...she loves it.

Only issue is when we are in Creede, Co for the summer....no signal there so we suspend the service and use the DSL thru the local telephone company.

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by wayne; 01-01-2011 at 08:51 AM.

A & L ... I am considering a "tethering" experince trial with AT&T. Thinking that it may be best for us. Just my 2 cents worth. Tired of no/weak Wi-Fi

Rodger, I just went the tethering route myself to attempt to get rid of one more mobile device (bill). It appears to work well so far.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Tony, which phone are you using. I currently have a Samsung BlackJack ll but am thinking of updating (3 yrs new) looking at HTC Aria or Samsung Captivate...want something that rings LOUD and has a BIG Clock!

AprilWhine Guest

Fuzzy and I both tether our Droid using PDAnet on Verizon. Works great and I have suspended service to our dongle. Only drawback is that you can not go online in a Verizon extended service area, for that I have to go back to the dongle.

Plus side is we no longer go over our 5g per month allowance. He uses about 7g/month on his phone, I'm a piker at only 4g.

Cheers,
    Sherry

Quote Originally Posted by Alek&Lucia View Post
    Hello,

We now use Datastorm and Verizon aircard to connect to Internet when on the road.
    Is anybody using "MiFi" from Verizon. If yes, what is your experience with it ?

Alek
    Being more specific, what is better setup: Aircard + Cradlepoint router or "MiFi" ?

Alek

What language are you all speaking?

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

LOL Jon!

Alek, know nothing about the Aircard + Cradlepoint router, sorry. Just know that the MiFi suits us perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alek&Lucia View Post
    Being more specific, what is better setup: Aircard + Cradlepoint router or "MiFi" ?

Alek

Alek,

I think you find that an aircard connected to an external amp and external antenna will provide service in places where a MiFi might not get a good signal. I use a Wilson direct connect amp witha Wilson trucker antenna and I am amazed at the places we get service. The Cradlepoint router also works great. I am not certain, but I do not believe that the MiFi device has a connection for an external antenna.