Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?

Default How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?

How Does the Prevost Suspension Work??

Hector Duplichen, "dreamchasers" (that would be me) has developed an upgraded "virtual classroom" demonstration concerning the Prevost suspension system. The intent is to offer POG members the opportunity to log on to a remote web hosted system to provide a demonstration/instructional session dedicated to the Prevost suspension system operation, troubleshooting and component functionality. We will Webex as the hosting system. Webex allows users to logon to a hosted computer demonstration, essentially, screen sharing and using voice over IP (VoIP, internet) to communicate. And all this from the comfort of your home.

Members will be sent an instructional email when a requested time slot has been scheduled. Simply follow the instructional email. (Please register for the session ASAP when you recieve the link from me! If you have issues, we will have time to work through them before session time.) The webex system is very easy to use, with many features. During the session, we will spend the first 5 minutes explaining the features of Webex for ease of use. Then, we will discuss the Prevost Suspension System.

The experience will be much better if you have a dedicated headset, with a microphone. I highly, highly (Almost a requirement to use VOIP!) recommend a headset with a microphone (headset and a separate microphone will work.) that plugs into your computer. This will be the process that is used for voice communications. A headset, with a microphone (mine is a $9.95 headset from Wal-Mart), is highly recommended for use during the session to hear and ask questions during the presentation. I also use my Blackberry headset, it works great. If you do not have a microphone, you will not be able to ask questions.

I have contacted Jim Skiff, POG owner/operator of the POG site, in regards to this benefit for POG members and he strongly supports the sessions. This material was covered at a POG rally in Sevierville, Tn a few years back. I have added a few more informational features and of course, the remote login.

To begin this process, the "virtual class" will be open to 5 participants at a time (test run).
    At the appointed time, simply click the link in the email sent Webex after you registered and follow the instructions to get logged on to the "virtual classroom".

Use of this technology works better with broadband (high speed) internet connections. Remember, we will be using screen sharing and audio using our internet connection.

I will open the session 10 minutes early to help members get logged on (You should have the Webex viewer software loaded and operating before this time. Click the provided link in the email from me for instructions.) For the POG members, it will be as simple as viewing a web page. The training session will start at the appointed time! If any member has consistent trouble logging on, simply request another session date. You will need to download Webex's viewer software to share view my computer screen.

The topic will cover the Prevost suspension for the XLV series coaches and components. It is my understanding that the suspension systems are similar in all of the Prevost line of coaches. Perhaps these sessions can bring forward the differences.

We will start out with two sessions a week (Sessions will be given Wednesday and Sunday evening, 7:00pm, CST, starting Jan. 05, 2011, Wednesday, 7:00pm CST. The last session will be Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011), unless interest dictates schedule changes. All times will be Central Standard Time, CST. The session in intended to include an open question and answer session. One hour is estimated as the time for the demonstration and questions session.

Remember, this is a volunteered training session. By bringing expertise together of many members, a greater understanding of these systems will be had.

This is offered as a free, non commercial product in this setting, as well as, web access to/from http://www.texasdrifters.net website. Offering this product in any form by others is prohibited, without the expressed written permission of the owner. (For you lawyers out there.)

Signup is easy and use of the technology is easier. Request a session time using this post, simply respond to post and include your desired date and I will post a list of the five members selected by "first come, first serve" basis for a particular date. I will communicate with the individual member using the PM feature of the forum. Once you are scheduled, be sure to check the notification area for instructional posts from me. Click here to see the latest schedule updates(http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/pog...n schedule.pdf). I will update this file daily when members request a time slot. Remember, the goal is to keep it simple!

If you need assistance with computer setup before the session time, include a contact telephone number using the private message system in the forum so we can setup a time to work through your issues. Webex will prompt you to download sever applications that will be needed to share my desktop. Webex is very easy to use and fun, and brings unlimited opportunities for collaboration of a multitude of topics. You will only needed to download software from Webex. You will not be charged any fees from Webex. Do not enroll in webex, only download the software.

Again, sessions will be held every Wednesday and Sunday, 7:00 pm, CST, in the month of January, 2011. I hope these training sessions help with the mysteries of the Prevost suspension system.

I will need your name and email address in order to email the needed information for Webex logon. After you are scheduled, you will receive a PM from me asking for contact information from the member.

Hector

I'm going to chime in here (I just spoke to Hector about his program) to encourage anyone interested in learning the logic behind the suspension system on our buses.

First, Hector has put together for previous seminars a power point presentation that absolutely took the mystery out of how that suspension works. It may not be available now due to technology changes, but his program he is offering now is a substitute for that. The suspensions (there are three that share an air supply and a valve) scare folks because they are perceived to be complex, but Hector can and will take the mystery out of it and reveal the systems as logical and easily understood.

Don't hesitate to take advantage of what Hector is offering. You will not regret it.

Hector - this is an incredible opportunity and I'm anxious to take advantage of the offering! I'd like to get in on either the 1/5 or 1/8 session, but will make myself available for whatever date is available! Having just picked up up my bus from a complete suspension overhaul yesterday - this is timely for us!

My e-mail address is: michael_terry@comcast.net

Thank you! I'll await further instructions via e-mail.

Jan 12 is my request. , Email is rahangman@yahoo.com, and home phone is 720-212-0795....cell is 870-350-1032....

Hector, thanks for sharing this with all of us. I would like to request Sunday, Jan.23. My direct email is rmboies@msn.com

Bob

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Hector generously spent 2 hours on the computer with me today, going through this wonderful and enlightening presentation.
    As a relatively new bus owner and POG member, his presentation has helped me tremendously.

Thank you Hector for all your help....I'm forever grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    Hector generously spent 2 hours on the computer with me today, going through this wonderful and enlightening presentation.
    As a relatively new bus owner and POG member, his presentation has helped me tremendously.

Thank you Hector for all your help....I'm forever grateful.
    Wayne,

Thanks for your kind comments. I enjoyed the chat, and I am glad that the demonstration helped.

I have updated the schedule with the members that have requested a time slot. Members should receive an email from me 3-4 days before your scheduled time with instructions on how to log on. Webex will prompt you for automatic software downloads. Please do not hesitate to install the Webex player as soon as you receive the link and let me know if you have problems. I will help. My cell in 936-328-7881, call if you have problems.

Hector

http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/pog...20schedule.pdf

Hector,
    I surely could use this help. I would like to request Jan 12. My email is spera@voyager.net

I would also like to take advantage of your great offer. Put me down for the Jan. 05 session. alanhann@me.com

What an opportunity. Please register me for the Jan 23rd session. Thanks for your efforts to educate.

325-692-9141 / tconder@condercompany.com
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4