Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Plan on attending our POG X rally in Austin Oct.3 through 7. Hector will be doing this seminar live and in person. I believe he will be signing autographs afterward (just kidding about that).
    Nolan,

If you go to the "Articles" section of the POG website and select "How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?", you will be able to review the seminar that was presented throughout the month of January. Go to the bottom of the introductory article and select the link at the bottom of the page. The link will direct you to the recording. Webex, the system used for storing the recording, will ask permission to download the viewer software. The presentation includes audio and video.

It's that simple!

Hector

PS - If any autographs are given, Jon will do the signing. I will hold the paper.

Amazing. Truly Amazing. I just don't know how in the world you did that presentation, but it really helps to understand how the system works. Now I ask myself the question, with this new knowledge can I fix a leak in my coach. And, the answer is no. I will need more help by seeing how one is fixed. Thanks so much. Really helpful. I am looking forward to your presentation in Austin. Nolan

Nolan, Here is the real answer to your question. You can fix any leak.

What most of us have learned through the "ownership experience" is finding leaks is the hard part. One you know where the leak is everything else is easy.

Nolan,

I agree with Jon, yes you can fix any leak on the coach, it will take a little time and a few tools. When I first purchased by coach, suspension leaks dampened my enthusiasm of new ownership, especially when I attempted to get them repaired by others. The two quick lessons I learned is bus shops work by the hour and unskilled troubleshooting for leaks can reach deep, deep into your pocketbook. The second lesson I learned is "No one is as interested in a leak free coach as the coach owner".

These two lessons prompted the work to bring the presentation to reality. It took time to build, but I simply had to figure out how it all worked in order to fix it. When I purchased my coach, it would not stand on its own overnight, plus the brake air would leak down overnight. After the initial repairs, I have not had to trace leaks again. Now, after 4 years of ownership, I have a few minor leaks that I will take care of within the next few weeks. Now a minor leak means, the suspension will start to show signs of a leak after sitting for two weeks, instead of two hours. Once you have your leaks resolved, the system is reliable.

If you decide to tackle repairs yourself, you will need a few tools to handle the heavy coach safely. I purchased a set of jack stands from Jon early during ownership and use them extensively. I travel with the jack stands in the coach and I never, never crawl under the coach unless it is supported by the jack stands. The Prevost suspension is complicated and dynamic, that is what gives us the smooth ride. But if the suspension releases while you are under a non support bus, its over!

I am planning on attending the Austin Rally and will give the suspension presentation (bring all your questions to the Rally). We (Jon and I) are planning an added bonus of demonstrating the famous "Texas Bubbler" (The TexasDrifters leak detector) to check for leaks on an actual coach suspension. So, if you want to see how two "not so young guys" wrestle with heavy tires and suspension components to check out suspension leaks, come to Austin.

Hector

PS - Nolan, thanks for the kind words concerning the suspension presentation. It was time consuming to build, but has been very beneficial.

Jon
    If you ever sell the coach jack stands again, please let me know. Nolan