Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie, help appreciated

Just booked a whirlwind trip to view 2 Prevost for later in January. Thanks all for your comments and assistance. I'm sure when I return from looking at them that I'll have additional questions. They are different in one has the roof mounted a/c units and the other the OTR units. Should be an interesting trip being able to look at 2 mfgs. Looking forward to the compare. Tommy

scott13 Guest

There's a great deal on a 2000 H-3 dbl slide over at Donnie Meyers on Sanford. Over $200,000 in remodeling and a huge stacker all for $350,000. The paint is pristine. Yhe owner bought a new coach and is looking to sell this old one.

Thanks. Trying to hold to 2005 to 2008 range though.

Tommy,

Welcome to POG! You are fortunate to be among a great group of guys and gals who know Prevost buses. I am a Newell owner and may be one of the few POGGERS who have actually driven a 2007 Newell and Prevosts. I have driven 2 XLs and 1 XLII. Both have a slight edge in smoother ride than a Newell; however, the difference is minimal IMO.

With regard to your first question about hp; 2006 Newells have a CAT 625 hp and a 10 or 12 speed ZF transmission w/2050 lb/ft of torque.

Your second question was about which rode the best; I would have to say in this vintage (2006 and newer) the Newell with ZF suspension has the edge. It is simply awesome; cornering is tight like the Prevost. Also, the turning tag axle (turns 23 degrees) gives you a 37' turning radius in a 45 coach.

I would drive both Prevost and Newell and see which you like the best.

As to your third question; all of the top Prevost converters have certain advantages - just choose the one you like best.

The Prevost/Newell arguement is like Ford/Chevrolet - it will go on forever. The truth is both are good units.

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by merle&louise; 01-11-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot