Thread: Microphor 12v Toilet Rebuild

Default Microphor 12v Toilet Rebuild

My 12v toilet stopped holding water and I assumed it was the seal on the flapper valve. I had a complete rebuild kit in stock (sounds like Jon I know), so decided to just change out everything in the kit for new. After the rebuild, I still had the same leak down problem. The kit came with a new flapper, but water was still getting by the gasket. With help from Microphor, we determined it was the internal spring in the clevis assembly that controls the lever pressure on the flapper. With the adjustment screw at it's extreme adjustment, it couldn't put enough spring pressure on the flapper to properly seal. Microphor sent me a new clevis assembly (free of charge, 2nd day air) for a toilet that is 9 years old. Doesn't get any better than that!

IMG_0694_1.JPG
    Clevis assembly

IMG_0693_1.JPG
    Flapper

IMG_0696_1.JPG
    Flapper crank arm

IMG_0697_1.JPG
    Flapper assembly

IMG_0688_1.JPG
    Motor & assembly

The job was pretty easy, but getting the toilet unhooked and in and out of the bus was a bear. I have other photo's if anyone needs to look at the other parts inside the toilet, how it's mounted in the bus, etc...

Can you imagine what this would have cost at Prevost.

Sounds like a seminar. The brake demo unit was disassembled today. I can let you use the parts for the toilet demo unit.

Yep I can see this seminar taking shape. MangoMike can show his valuable technique for using a stick to tame the giant rogue turd stuck in his crapper during the American Royal BBQ Fest. Obviously too much protein and not enough sauce.

Then AP can demonstrate his technique for utilizing Saran Wrap to seal the toilet when the flapper won't close thus allowing the full flow wafting of phosgene gas into the AP Shag Wagon. Quite odoriferous I think was the term used.