Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Northern Member

Jon,

My brother got laid off from Cracker Barrel so no more (free to me) gift certificates from there. He's got a gig at Denny's now so I'll see what we can do.

As far as Canadian currency goes, we don't take loonies here. As far as membership goes, loonies are encouraged to join.

loonie..jpg

I'm thinking I want the gift certificate from that Florida chain of businesses. You know the one you gave Truk.

I think their slogan is "We Bare All"

That's the place where they all know Jim Keller by name. (I've been told)

Hey Jon, Keep it up and I'll treat you to another Mermaid Show.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim: I remember Jon had a big grin on his face when the old wrinkle up mermaid waved her tail at him. It may have been the warm temps that he was happy about.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

It looks like I'm surrounded by comedians.

I can almost get a whole dollar for one loony !

lndycht.... These are not comedians. These folks here in the asylum think they are being serious. We're starting to worry about you.

Jim......Bring on the mermaids. I thought those wrinkles were because they were in the water too long.

Roger....I always grin when I get a little tail.

Welcome Lee & Chiara.

I just paid up for a third round with this insane group......... Good bunch, but they have no clue as to what 7 months of cold weather is all about. Glad to have you aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell and Linda View Post
    Welcome Lee & Chiara.

I just paid up for a third round with this insane group......... Good bunch, but they have no clue as to what 7 months of cold weather is all about. Glad to have you aboard.
    Insane is three feet of snow in the last week, 6" of ice on the lake already and -20 wind chill !

Welcome Lee. By now you have probably guessed most POG members like anything that's free. It's the Senior citizen thing. Anyway , welcome to POG, the closest thing to 'free' you'll ever experience!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

While Jamestown NY may not be able to advertise the coldest winter temps, or the greatest snow fall depths we escaped from there because 240" of annual snowfall, combined with occasional winter cold spells of minus 15 or 20 stretching for a week made the place miserable. The taxes weren't that great either so it was a real joy to leave there.

As a pilot that flew for business out of there routinely I was not aware of any other place in the country that had such uniformly dismal weather with many cloudy, overcast days, and just plain rotten winter weather. I don't do snow anymore. I just stay in the house until it goes away. Snow sucks.