Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superbus, 07-financing available

lewpopp Guest

Default Superbus, 07-financing available

In our parking lot there was a beautiful 07 40'(note, forty foot) SUPERBUS. There were not other markings on the coach to tell who the converter was. No one was around when I was there but the slides were out. I understand that it was being shown to a prospective unknown buyer.

In the window was "07-financing available". Hell, who needs financing?

It was the color of Digger O'Dells hearse. Black with a light black stripe. Remember that Harry?

Lew

Ok Lew I'll bite,

What's a SUPERBUS?

I always thought that it was one covered in LED's.

Hopefully your bride is on the links today so that I don't have to wait until 10pm for an answer

Mike

win42 Guest

Lew: Send the damn thing on it's way. I'm not planning on riding in it for a long time. I still have places to go and people to meet. You won't find me hiding out in some retirement farm with a bunch of old geezers.
    Yeehaaa round them old Prevosts up and move em out.
    Harry

Ben Guest

SuperBus is just another Prevost converter... if I remember right, they leave a lot of bay space open in their conversions and they specialize in 40'ers. I think they are located just West of Orlando... and they will not sell direct!

http://www.superbus1.com/

Default This is the Real SuperBus!

[IMG][/IMG]

This baby fetched a cool $4 million plus change at Barrett Jackson
    How cool is that. It must have a lot of BLING!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

win42 Guest

Roger: No fair buying this bus for next years Bling.

Ok here's a little history lesson on this bus. Ages ago when I was a wee Lad there was 8-10 of these busses that came to town (Tucson) and all of us school kids went to see them. It was called The Parade of Progress put on by General Motors. The whole side of the bus lowered down to form a stage. We could file through it and view the future items in it.
    This particular bus that sold for 4 million dollars at Barrett Jackson Auto Auction January 2006 in Scotsdale AZ was totally empty, I saw it with the side door open. It was purchased by an Auto museum owner to be shown in Chandler AZ. The running gear was gasoline powered and probably stick shift.

There was another one of these that an RV guy had and did a nice conversion . It was shown a year or so ago on a TV show that featured high end motor homes.

There has been a third one of these surface in one of my recent issues of an old car books. It looked liked it resided in a junk pile and was a rust bucket.

The reamining ones are either out there in hiding or gone forever. They did look sharp in their day.

Harry,

I'm with you on this one. I was just in kid in Grand Haven, Michigan when one of these dudes came to town for a 4th of July parade. As I recall back then they were blue and white. It made a huge impression and I never forgot that bus. Very cool to see it again.

Mike

Default Superbus - more info

Harry: Careful - you are going to give away too many hints on your birthday. All the young ladies (CK) hearts will be broken... More info go to Barrett Jackson Lot # 1307 - Built in 1950 - 12 of them - they sure are good looking. That surely had to be an exciting time to see those at a young age, the "bling a ling" is still in your eye.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

One of these has been for sale at Bus Conversions Mag. classifieds for months. It was however a basket case.

I like the tandum tires on the steers!

win42 Guest

Roger those were the bling days. I remember going to the GM Futurama car show in LA in 53-54. The chrome bumpers on those cars weighed more than the cars of today. I found that pic. of the third one mentioned above on page 10 of Oct 06 Classic Cars Mag. It's somewhere in the west end of the San Frenando Valley, CA.