Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot's from Kerrville

Default Shot's from Kerrville

At POG2 I promised to report back on Kerrville, as we were heading there for the Datastorm rally.

The Kerrville facility is probably the nicest rv park I've ever stayed in. They are able to take over 100 coaches, and the entire facility is paved, with the individual sites being concrete, surrounded generally by grass and bushes. Some of the sites overlook a creek winding through the park.

I'm going to try to upload some pictures here I snapped to show the park.

IMG_1082.jpg
    This is a photo of our site in Kerrville. As mentioned, all sites are level concrete based. We had hedges between us and our neighbors, and they provided a chair and tables too.

IMG_1083.jpg
    A shot down the road in our section. We were in the "adult" section (some called "snob hill (jeesh!)". There was room for probably 20 coaches in this part, probably not enough to get the whole section for POG3. There was another main area with 3 rows of probably 25-30 coaches each, and then two other minor areas off of the creek, with 10+ coaches apiece.

IMG_1084.jpg
    Here's an example of one of those other areas, on the creek.

IMG_1086.jpg
    The barn. This is the main "rally" area, with their kitchen/dining facility. Off of the main facility are two other smaller rooms, and a 35 seat theater, all of which can be used for meetings etc. To the left side is a really nice BBQ area which we can use.

IMG_1087.jpg
    Here's a look at the BBQ area

(oops, gotta do a new post, maximum attachments achieved!)

IMG_1090.jpg

Another close-up of the BBQ. The Datastorm users had their first night as a "Meat and Greet", where everyone brought something to potluck, and their own meet (or fish) to grill.

IMG_1111.jpg
    This image doesn't do it justice, but it was great fun at night. The Datastorm dishes originally came with blue lights which illuminate the dishes at night. I tried to get a picture. Imagine 80+ dishes on coach roofs, all glowing blue in the night!

Here's a closer shot from another website, which might give a better idea:

All in all, I thought it was a wonderful place to hold a rally. About 3 days solid driving from CA about 1400 miles. I imagine the best way to put it is that it is equally far from everyone! But, I think you'll find it worth the drive.

Ray
    Last edited by Ray Davis; 10-30-2006 at 07:11 PM.

Sting Guest

Thanks for the pics Ray. Kerrville is definately on our family to do list. I had a Datastorm satellite on our 2006 Country Coach Affinity. The blue light sure makes a statement at night. With that many in one location I bet it was a site to witness.

dalej Guest

Thank's Ray for all of the nice photos, makes Jan and I anxious to get to Texas. You are doing a great job as one of our new leaders

FYI, for those looking for the Kerrville facility on the web:

http://www.buckhornlake.com

Here's a link to a map which shows the different sections. You can click on several of the "features", and a small picture will come up.

http://www.buckhornlake.com/park_map.htm

Ray

Default Kerrville, I am in!

Ray, Thanks for the pics, looks very good to me - Sign Me and Micki up. We're ready to hit the road again.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Good Pictures

Ray:

Thanks for the pictures and captions. I was certain that POG 3 would be a hit at the Buckhorn. Dee and Kathy Christensen (owners) are the nicest people that you would ever want to meet. Everyone in POG should try to make this rally; Buckhorn is in a class by itself!

April will be beautiful in the Texas hill country, hopefully with a little rain, the blue bonnets will be in bloom. Temperatures should be in the 60s.

Count us in!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Question Frau Farbissina

Ray,

I hate to say it, but when I see those dish photos this is what comes to mind;

"FIRE THE LASER!"

Ben Guest

Hey Ray,

Would you mind running a speed test on your dish. I've been thinking of getting one for a while now but haven't wanted to spend the $$. I'd love to know what kind of speed you get. (just make sure nothing else is using the connection when you run the test)

To test the speed, visit http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and click on one of the cities listed on the left.

My wireless card varies widely from slow as hell to just plain slow. The numbers I got right now is 130kbps down and 91 up and this is a normal/good speed day for me.

-Ben

Default Pog III

Hi Ray. It looks like you've had a great trip. The RV park looks similar to the Luxury Resorts in Las Vegas and Indio. Are they the same developers? Do they sell RV Sites. Either way, it looks perfect for our POG III. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide