Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPLENDIDE

Hybrid View

Default SPLENDIDE

Help - I thought I had solved all my problems by replacing water and air exhaust lines but today the door refused to open after the drying cycle. I recycled drying twice - nothing - I ran spin and then dry several times and it finally, begrudgingly, it opened.

This took around 24 hours and, yes, I did check the filter, early on, depositing a pint or so of water all over the head floor.

Any ideas?

Woody,

We use our Splindide alot when we are traveling. Your mention of not being able to open the door after a drying cycle is symptomatic of how ours unit works. Door will not open if it is hot inside the dryer. There is a temperature switch that controls the door lock, but I do not remember what the temperature setting is.

Good Luck.

Hector

Woody,

We had a Splendide in our first coach and Di would never forgive me if I made her give up her stacked W/D for another. I spent a lot of time repairing ours as it aged and even when working it was a substantial difference in performance from the small stacked Kenmores we have now.

If possible when the time comes replace it with separate units. Joanie will be forever grateful.

There was one in a Monaco we rented a few years back and it struck me more as a de-humidfier than an actual dryer. Maybe it was just the one in that particular unit........

Our Marathon was ordered without a washer/dryer. I was headed full throttle towards installing a stacked unit before we took delivery, but Steve B. talked me out of it and we don't miss it. The extra closet space is very nice to have. Sure there are occasions, but on long trips we (ok she) just go do laundry when needed.

(BTW, you are welcome for this totally useless contribution to helping solve your problem.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Woody,

We had a Splendide in our first coach and Di would never forgive me if I made her give up her stacked W/D for another. I spent a lot of time repairing ours as it aged and even when working it was a substantial difference in performance from the small stacked Kenmores we have now.

If possible when the time comes replace it with separate units. Joanie will be forever grateful.
    Jon - I know no one has ever said this before but you were right when you suggested I replace the old center AC unit a year ago (thanks, it's great) but replacing a washer dryer that works perfectly well after waiting only 24 hours to open is a bit much.

I know I am a newbie, but I just had a similar issue with our Splendide. The door switch gets sticky and does not release. You can remove the door switch and lubricate with a penetrating lube and it will free up by sliding the plunger in and out. The rubber bladder seal can be removed next to the door latch by pulling out at the edges to remove from the groove around the door opening. There is a wire in the groove of the rubber that may come out, but easily reinstalled. The door switch can then be reached and removed by taking the two screws out.

Try this link http://www.splendide.com/request_manual.htm
    I have purchased parts directly from them before as there are lots of boats with these units. Sounds like a bad door switch to me.
    Last edited by LNDYCHT; 12-29-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by antioch01 View Post
    I know I am a newbie, but I just had a similar issue with our Splendide. The door switch gets sticky and does not release. You can remove the door switch and lubricate with a penetrating lube and it will free up by sliding the plunger in and out. The rubber bladder seal can be removed next to the door latch by pulling out at the edges to remove from the groove around the door opening. There is a wire in the groove of the rubber that may come out, but easily reinstalled. The door switch can then be reached and removed by taking the two screws out.
    Thanks - the people at Splendide said I had to remove the top to change the switch - this makes it a lot easier.

Hope this thread is not too old. We have a 92 Marathon XL 40 that has the laundry space all set up outside in the third bay, passenger side. It had been removed prior to our acquiring the coach but the hook ups are there. We plan plan to install a new one shortly and I have a couple of questions. I have seen similar vintage coach photos with this arrangement and wonder if anyone still has this arrangement now, if it works well and where the vent run goes? In addition I am considering installing the new unit in the hall closet directly above the bay, there is room and the hook ups are a simple matter to revise. In our experience it has to be a vented model, no exceptions and so ask what others have done orvarious converters have done for dryer venting solutions with closet installs. Cutting a vent in the side panel isprobably a no go. Perhaps a roof vent or vent below the coach could work? Any suggestions appreciated. For interest sake, I can offer that I did install a Splendiede vented 2100 in our 60 foot saiing yacht. I had to totally disassemble it, including drilling out the spot welds reducing it to sheet metal panels and then reassemble it from scratch in the space provided. I did use the hold down kit provided. We sailed that yacht over 50,000 offshore miles in ALL conditions. We ran it off a huge battery bank and inverters. Despite the, at times severe ponding, we subjected it and ourselves to, we never had a hicup with it and could run it in most resonably calm conditions. A coach install is similar and less punishing so no big challenge but opinions and suggsetions are certainly appreciated.

Russ
    92XL 40 Marathon

Through the floor lot of times it comes out in front of the drive tires in the area above the front airbag on the drive axle. They also got them out the side it's like a snorkel that is downward-facing looks like a little baby hood scoop I know you're seeing them.

Welcome to the Asylum a 92 Marathon huh does it have a side aisle tell us more.

I wonder what happened to Lou pops 92? It got sold to another guy named Joe on the West Coast until he sold it and then, it went I don't know where.

Lewbucks r still being expended.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-18-2018 at 09:13 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines