Thread: Prevost Jacksonville

Hybrid View

Default Prevost Jacksonville

First of all, Hi again to all my friends (and extended family) at POG!

I'm finally back on the road. After nearly six months working on behalf of BP in response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill incident in the Gulf of Mexico, the program for Emergency Advance Payments transitioned to another process which gave me an opportunity to take my leave and get back to retirement.

So.... as I fired up the bus to head for home I was presented with a couple of problems: the ABS brake warning light is on and I had no turn signals or hazard flashers. No left..... No right...... nuttin'!

Tried cycling the turn signal breakers and completed a futile search for the turn signal flasher. No luck. The turn signal flasher appears to be the most likely culprit since, according to Prevost, it's the only common component regarding both the right and left turn signals.

Hence, I have an appointment for first thing tomorrow to address these issues at Prevost in Jacksonville. Since I'm here, I'm also going to have the engine belt tightening air bags replaced, since I have no way to perform this repair at home and, being 11 years old now, they are ripe for replacement.

I'll post the outcome and any observations afterward.

It sure does feel good to be back !!!

Paul,

I'd like to know the results of the air bag replacement. I'm guessing mine are about 12 years old as well. And, welcome back to the road?
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

The bellows used for belt tensioning are fairly easy to replace except for the one beneath the radiator fan as I recall. I think I invested about 90 minutes to change mine out plus a little skin and blood on the fan belt bellows.

I got them from Prevost and as I recall they were less than $40 each. Is that right??????

Paul & Janice,

WELCOME BACK! If you get a chance stop by TGO on your way home and visit a while.

It's about time! I left you a phone message or two and thought you fell of the end of the earth.

Have them check your regulator while they're at it for leaks. The bellows are easy except that bottom one like Jon said.

Regards to Janice and Ivy!

Thumbs up

Welcome back, Paul. I was beginning to think you were in JAIL lots of guys work and participate in POG.

Too bad we didn't know where you were at the time, we were right around the corner from you for over a week.

JIM