Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Good, the Bad and the Webasto

Lee Bornstein Guest

Default The Good, the Bad and the Webasto

Mike:

Enjoyed the Webasto Semianr at POG II - Thanks a bunch!

Finally got around to taking apart the Webasto Burner on my 97 Liberty 40'.

Followed your detailed instructions from POG II. Didn't have to remove hydraulic hose or Bus Air AC line - Just removed Cotter pin and 2 bolts and it lifted up and out OK. Got a skinned nuckle cuz no room to move around in the Liberty 40 engine compartment but I did "Git er done".

Removed burner nozzle and notoced that it's a 0.65 gph 80 Degree H nozzle rather than the 0.35 gph 60 degree nozzle you reference in your docs. Looked at Webasto web site and they specify for model 2010 (45,000 Btu) the 5088641-A part number. For DBW-2020 (80,000 Btu as in my coach) part number 470716.

Pictures in your handout refer to DBW-2020. Could it be that you've put the 45,000 btu nozzles in your 80,000 btu burner? Or, do you have a DBW-2010?

Lee
    1997 Liberty Classic 40'

Lee,

You're a better man than me. I would've never thought you could get that head out with all those hoses. If you send me pix of your webasto (mike@mangomikes.com) I'll add it to my dog and pony show so that others in the same position will know that it can be done.

I called Webasto this morning and you're absolutely right. The .035 nozzle, which I've been running since day one, will work, but it runs lean and that's not necessarily good for the unit. That's the nozzle for the 2010 (I have the 2020). The right nozzle is .6 gph part # 341304.

I'll be updating the website and my hand out materials. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Mike

kmuller Guest

Guys - after you have totally lost it wrestling with the Webasto, check out the ITR Hurricane, www.itrheat.com.

win42 Guest

Mango: Ditto the thanks for the seminar on Webasto, a very good job. I have yet to tackle mine, but it's getting near the top of the list and eventially will have to be done. Keep up the good work on the subject. Your efforts toward making POG a very viable organization is greatly appreciated by us all.
    H

Lee Bornstein Guest

Mike:

Reference source is http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_main/5000954A.pdf

They had two different combustion chambers - one with 80mm exhaust port and one with 70mm Exhaust port.

The newer unit DBW2020 Version 33 and newer (since 1990) has 70mm diameter exhaust port and uses 0.65 GPH 80H Nozzle as per Webasto Tech Support this morning.
    My 97 coach uses DBW2020 Version 63

Lee

Hi POGers,

Talking about Webasto. I rec'd my control box last Tuesday from MCI, put it in on Thursday. We were in San Diego with the Simmons' for a wedding this weekend, and fired the furnace up Sat AM. Works great!! Thanks again Mango and JDUB for the troubleshooting help.

Karl,

Looks exactly like an AquaHot. What's the difference?

kmuller Guest

Default hurricane vs webasto

Jerry - In our marine experience, the differences are reliability, self diagnostics, robustness and service support. The Webasto is an antiquated design, it has no self diagnostics, it’s delicate, it becomes easily fouled if it attempts to start but fails more than a few times (the Hurricane is guaranteed to never do this) and the support from the distributor in the US is pretty poor.

Karl

kmuller Guest

Default Heater install

Navigator....I tried to respond to your email, but evidently the address in your profile isn't working or some other tech glitch. Email me again and I will try to respond.

Lee Bornstein Guest

Webasto still not fixed.

Someone at UPS evidently doesn't know difference between Las Vegas, Nevada and Las Vegas, New Mexico. New nozzles went to New Mexico then to Louisville, KY then to Las Vegas, Nevada then got lost again.

Maybee tomorrow??