Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VANTARE SLIDE ROOMS

I have an '07 chassis/'08 conversion Featherlite Vantare H3-45 double slide and had some big issues with both slide rooms early on. The salon had the problem which you mention, the rams were extending/retracting out of sync. The room was never distorted and never jumped the track but had to be retracted manually (which is like manually handling a submarine) to get it to Featherlite to be fixed. The pins on the salon room also extended early once creating a square divot on both sides of the room just forward of the receivers. The master bedroom room's hydraulic ram had to be replaced after a very short time in service. The salon retraction/extension is still a little jerky which I am told is fairly normal. The only other issue that I had was that the pins on the salon room would squeak whilst going down the road which was easily fixed by lubrication. I might add that all this stuff was fixed by Featherlite under warranty. I am really happy with the slides now and have not had one issue since the initial ones. The other day we were washing the coach with the slides out and never any leaks. I don't have any experience with the inflatable seal type slides. My only issue with Featherlite is they are so busy taking care of the NASCAR folks that the "regular owner" sometimes gets short changed. Cheers Everyone
    Last edited by dogear; 02-22-2011 at 12:20 PM.

We LOVE our Vantare !!! We love our HWH slides... We do however need to change out the gaskets.... just haven't gotten around to it yet.. it is on our list for this spring or summer !! I talked to the Vantare parts guy and he thinks he can get it when we're ready...Just one of a few things on our "to do" list !! Overall we're very happy with our H3.

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Jim,

I spoke to Granvil Tracy at the POG 9 rally about his slides. He confirmed that there are no air filled gaskets; only the squeegy type that you described. He has NEVER had any leaks! His Vantare is a 2000 model (I think). For an 11 year old bus that is a pretty good record. I think that it is a real advantage not having the air gaskets. When you think about it car doors and car windows open and close and they don't have anything more that a rubber seal and they don't leak. So why go thru all of the expense and hassle of having an air gasket on a slideroom? Vantare has rung the bell on this one IMO.

I also spoke to Frank Maltex (the guy who won the skeet shooting award) and he told me that the best Prevost he ever owned was a Vantare. He says it was a great bus; simple to work on and great workmanship. Frank's Vantare did not have slides. I can't remember what year model it was.

BOB- 97,99,00,01,02,03,04,& 05 had a 2000 Vantare with 2 slides and Debi told me the slides were trouble free.

You guys are going to love Alaska; try to make the trip with another bus or two. It makes it much more fun.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

We have owned an XL2 double slide since new in 06 equiped with Prevost slides and have had 2 failed seals in the salon and 2 failed seals in the bed room . We were told that the seal supplier had a bad batch of seals distributed and all had been replaced with good ones now. Time will tell but it is very frusterating from my point of view. Cori

Cori,

I don't have slides, but have been involved in the replacement of two slides as a helper. I would love it if you and other slide owners could post their experiences with slide seals such as their age when replaced, the cost of replacement, and any other relative information. Several of us are of the opinion if there is not a better way to seal the slide, at least there needs to be a less expensive way. FWIW several of us think two men working efficiently can change a seal in 4 hours (8 man hours).