Thread: VANTARE SLIDE ROOMS

Threaded View

I have an '07 chassis/'08 conversion Featherlite Vantare H3-45 double slide and had some big issues with both slide rooms early on. The salon had the problem which you mention, the rams were extending/retracting out of sync. The room was never distorted and never jumped the track but had to be retracted manually (which is like manually handling a submarine) to get it to Featherlite to be fixed. The pins on the salon room also extended early once creating a square divot on both sides of the room just forward of the receivers. The master bedroom room's hydraulic ram had to be replaced after a very short time in service. The salon retraction/extension is still a little jerky which I am told is fairly normal. The only other issue that I had was that the pins on the salon room would squeak whilst going down the road which was easily fixed by lubrication. I might add that all this stuff was fixed by Featherlite under warranty. I am really happy with the slides now and have not had one issue since the initial ones. The other day we were washing the coach with the slides out and never any leaks. I don't have any experience with the inflatable seal type slides. My only issue with Featherlite is they are so busy taking care of the NASCAR folks that the "regular owner" sometimes gets short changed. Cheers Everyone
    Last edited by dogear; 02-22-2011 at 12:20 PM.