Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
Prevost has some fuuny rules. Now, as I have been informed by a POG member, if you ask for a bid from Prevost for some work on your coach and you then decide to take the work else where, Prevost will bill you for the bid. 10% of the bid. So, be careful.
A few months ago, while researching some work needed on Evangeline that amounted to a partial suspension overhaul, I solicited detailed quotes from several vendors including some recommended POG sponsors and Prevost Nashville. I was shocked to see that the Prevost quote was almost $13,000 over the next highest bidder! I expected them to be a little higher maybe - but more than double? Give me a break! Well - surprise! They didn't get the work (and I didn't choose the lowest bidder either). I've not been billed anything for the quote - so far! But if they do get the notion to bill me for that ridiculous quote, they'd be more apt to get blood from a rock than any money from me! On the other hand, I did buy all the parts for the job from them - but I did that separately on the phone with my parts contact there without referring to the request for quote, which was handled by the service manager.