Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Prevost Service records

Profit plus good service equals satisfaction! being in the utilities business for almost fifty years, we earned the trust of several municipalities, A 24" water main break at 3:00 AM they called us. They knew that the work would be done with the least amount of disruption as possible, The bottom line you do not mind paying for great service!

I think the performance of each Service Facility is a direct result of management and employees are a reflection of management.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by HarborBus View Post
    OK Michael, you promised to tell everyone who you finally chose to do your work..........................so who is it?
    Elliot - the vendor I chose is Rob Russell of Russell Coach in Knoxville, TN. The choice was based on the following factors (in the order of consideration):

1. Demonstrated expertise, experience, facilities, and equipment to successfully complete the requested work;
    2. Recommendations from knowledgeble sources;
    3. Reasonable and fair pricing;
    4. Vendor's demonstrated commitment to customer service and enthusiasm for my project; and
    5. Geographic proximity (3 hours to Knoxville vs. 9 hours to the second choice)

Michael,

Good choice ! I was also considering to take my bus to them for chassis work,

Alek

For those of you who live in the Charlotte, NC area, I have a service facility to recommend:

Burke Christian Tours, Denver NC:
    http://www.burkechristiantours.com/location.asp

They service a fleet of 50 or so Prevosts. Great service and great prices. Super folks. They'll
    also service other bus brands.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

My experience returning from OKC in 2009 at Prevost Goodlettsville TN (read Nashville) was not positive. The problem did not get fixed, simply a change of fuel filters would have done the trick, and in less than an hour too. They did the work on the night shift to get me back home of which I was appreciative. I also spoke with Ms Baker about her driveway recognition problem after dark. She related all sorts of political good old boy network problems with the Goodlettsville Town Council. I sent her a letter as a professional engineer, at no cost, about the liability problems associated with the positions the council had taken. I am still waiting on, but not holding my breath, for an acknowledgement from Ms. Baker.

I like Ron Beverly, but the rest of my experience with Prevost Goodlettsville is not positive.

As David has stated, check with the closest Tour Bus operator. They may well be able to service your coach. I have mine serviced at Holiday Tours, just south of Greensboro in Level Cross, NC. Jim Hudson is the shop manager, (336) 808-0330. They are good people, great technicians, and good times at the shop. I don't have their street address but they have a web page so look it up if you are passing through the area. Just call ahead to see if they can service you. They are an exclusive H3-45 fleet having sold the last of their LeMirage XL's last year.

Default I hear you Will

As David has stated, check with the closest Tour Bus operator. They may well be able to service your coach. I have mine serviced at Holiday Tours, just south of Greensboro in Level Cross, NC. Jim Hudson is the shop manager, (336) 808-0330. They are good people, great technicians, and good times at the shop.
    We recently were involved with the "Radiator" listed in Ebay for $500. Radiator is great, but it was not the one I need. (Read 1994 XL S-60). Anyway, the owner, Crossroads Travel was very helpful and we hit upon an excellent deal on a new (read re-core) with National Warranty. It took a few days but I am more than happy with outcome. $$$ saved and problem resolved, in a somewhat timely manner given circumstances. This is not the 1st time I have leaned towards a Tour company and surely will not be the last. Major cities all have them.

Happy day, I just got back from Carolina to V.A. and guess what was in the mail box, All the service records that I have been trying to get for months from Prevost. I think what happened Prevost sent the documents to the original owner and he forward them to me, 2 envelopes! I am so glad to have the complete records. I thank the original owner, any one on this site that may have helped with a phone call, or note to Prevost! I even have the original invoice from Prevost to Liberty for the shell! I am now as complete on records as you can get . Many thanks to all!