Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prevost Service records

Default Prevost Service records

I need some in put from some of the group. We bought our coach in Feb this year, I have all service records for this coach from Liberty and some from the original owner, There was service done on the coach in Mira Loma, and other prevost sites. the original owner does not have them any more,now to the problem I called Rose Baker when I was in for service in July, ask if I could get the records for this coach, she said have the original owner e-mail me with approval to release these records and we can get them for you. This was in Sept this year The owner "original" sent his ok to release form in. Now two months later I get this e-mail from Rose. Mr Carmichael, I have been notified that the company policy is that we cannot give out coach repair records. However, we can advise the last time the coach had any services. Sorry for the inconvenience. Has it been Prevost policy all along how did the rest of you get info from them. Aggravated! Miss Baker is at the Nashville location.

Gary, we have not had any problems getting records in the past. I would recommend calling Bill Jensen to see if it is a shift in policy, or if someone is misinformed.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

Steve, who is Bill Jenson

Prevost has some fuuny rules. Now, as I have been informed by a POG member, if you ask for a bid from Prevost for some work on your coach and you then decide to take the work else where, Prevost will bill you for the bid. 10% of the bid. So, be careful.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

That is a serious issue and one that I think needs to be confirmed. If in fact Prevost is adopting a policy of charging 10% for a quote if they are unsuccessful (that seems too stupid to be true) then they are on their way out of the motorhome business. That is a wild prediction, but consider the impact on owners.

I know that the Prevost costs to do simple repairs such as air bag replacement or slide seal replacement are high. I know of a POG member who recently sought to have Prevost repair some minor body damage and his quote from Prevost was 10X what it ultimately cost. If any of our sponsors are listening and if what you say proves true this is a business opportunity being served on a silver platter.

How can we confirm if this is in fact a new policy and how can we learn if it applies to parts prices as well? Unlike a seated bus company or a large converter we POG members are individuals with no clout. If Prevost is changing their business model perhaps POG needs to change its way of doing business and we as members should begin acting collectively so we have a more visible impact. My guess is if every POG member acts in concert with one another Prevost may return to being more like the Prevost of old and not the one of today. If Prevost is in fact instituting this policy then perhaps we need to support our sponsors who are willing to step in and fill the service function of Prevost.

Maybe this is a Volvo decree that is being put in place? I need to know who bill Jenson is I am trying to get some old records2006-08 for my coach which nashville prevost refuses to give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael View Post
    Maybe this is a Volvo decree that is being put in place? I need to know who bill Jenson is I am trying to get some old records2006-08 for my coach which nashville prevost refuses to give me.
    Contact info for Bill Jensen from the Prevost website:

William Jensen
    Regional Service Manager - Hawaii, US and VIP Shell Division
    Cel.: 1-800-997-7386
    william.jensen@volvo.com

I had the misfortune of having a surprise date with Bambie. Bambie lost but the the front bumber also paid the ultimate price as well! 8 weeks and part of the bumber showed up yesterday, if I am lucky the rest will show up next week. A bumber on a vechicle that is still somewhat a current model, and I can not drive without one!
    I was told I would be charged for the estimate if I didn't have them do the work or buy the parts from them. Well, I had them do a small amount of the work and some day I will get the parts that have been on order for 2 months!

Thanks Mike,,

I have asked Bill Jensen for clarification on this policy.