Thread: insurance

Hybrid View

I am a Canadian living in Ontario looking for insurance for our new prevost. So far I have only been able to find one company (so no competition and the rates show it) any ideas. I understand that I cannot get a US company to insure a Canadian bus??

Quote Originally Posted by hhunt View Post
    I am a Canadian living in Ontario looking for insurance for our new prevost. So far I have only been able to find one company (so no competition and the rates show it) any ideas. I understand that I cannot get a US company to insure a Canadian bus??
    hunt
    I am insured with "THe Co-Operators". I have a friend is with Royal Sun Alliance. I think my rate is reasonable for the coverage received. I could not get coverage on a bus, only on a motor home.

Hunt, Check out Allstate Canada.
    I have the coach insured for $168,000 replacement. Fire, Theft & Collision - reduced deductible each year by $100.00 until $0. $2,000,000. third party liability and full glass coverage. Total premiums are $496.00 annually. Keep in mind that all my vehicles and home is insured through Allstate also. Now I haven't ever made a claim so I can't answer if they walk the talk.
    Now I questioned their very reasonable rates and they replied that their reduced premium is low because the coach is in storage for 6 mo. of the year and was based on annual milage (RV insurance). So in a couple of years when we can travel more this low cost policy will go up?

Phone me if you want 780-929-6654
    Darrell

Looking at new insurance as Progressive keeps raising rates. Talked to Geico today and they tell me that they won't/don't/can't insure bus conversions. I find that quite interesting. Talked to GMAC through FMCA and they would insure my coach if I would start jumping through hoops and never stop (my words, not theirs). Now onto National Interstate. Thanks for the good info.

All my "stuff" with the exception of the airplane is insured thru State Farm. The bus insurance is around $600 year for deemed value.

Jerry, your insurance for a bus 23 years newer is less than half my premium? I assume you get that rate because you have a ton of stuff insured with them..?

I would assume that is the case, but you never know. I have had some manner of policy with them for over 35 years, so you get pushed into some kind of "mutual" company that gets you a policy they can't deny coverage on or something like that. But I have also has a substantial claim with them and nothing negative came out of that so I feel pretty comfortable with them.