Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drivers License

Thanks for your help i will pre deliver inspect and do what ever i need to do.
    I will keep you informed.

Update
    I do have experience with a 36 foot plastic coach
    I purchased the Prevost and trailer without the proper license in hopes of passing the B test
    After reading the CDL instruction manual which I downloaded over the internet.
    I went to the local MVA to ask some questions that the little guys were asking in the back of my head.
    This is how it went
    1 Open door, walked in to the MVA
    2 I go to the information desk.
    3 She gives me a number and tells me to see the lady that gives out the license
    4 I sit and weight (you know all of you have been there)
    5 My number is called the nice lady answers a few questions (not all that the little guys in my head are screaming at me though)
    6 I guess she had had enough if my silly questions and told me to go to the law room.
    7 I go to the law office
    8 the nice guy told me to have a seat in chair # 1
    9 I sit
    10 I look at him ready to ask some questions
    11 He tells me to turn around and take the written test (I have a time frame that has already started (little guys say hurry up)
    12 The little guys tell me that I have nothing to lose because it has cost me nothing as of yet and that it probably will not unless I pass the test
    13 I tell them to shut up and let me concentrate on the questions
    14 Before my time has elapsed the would be I thought Law professional (ha written examiner told me that I had passed with 100%) ya ha
    15 Now I get another number and weight again
    16 Photo op, answer questions, eye exam, Got my B learners in pocket (off and running)
    17 Days later with the help of friends with class A license we take delivery of the coach
    (The wife and I had spent several days and nights in it and settled up the money earlier in the week)
    18 Now I cannot take the pre trip, off street maneuvers or drivers test on the road for nearly a month because of scheduling.
    19 Weight in agony
    20 Practice Practice Practice did I forget to mention Practice
    21 Passed the pre trip with flying colors (which included the air brake test)
    22 Passed the off street maneuvers test with flying colors
    23 2/3 thru the road test the examiner ask how much experience I had with driving the coach (little guys start to chatter amongst them selves)(Shut up)
    24 Bottom line, as told by the examiner Passed the entire B test exceptionally well
    25 Now if I can only continue to do well, I will be a happy Prevost camper
    26 1st major stop Prevost Jacksonville, Florida (to have level 3 work preformed) (plus)
    27 I have been told that at 72 I am getting to old for all of this and that I only have 30 years max to enjoy my Prevost, which is 15 years old. We (you) shall see which one lives the longest.

I have upgraded the class C M license to a class B M license with a J restriction (RV AUTHORIZED ONLY)

Congratulations. Apart from the peace of mind that comes with being properly licensed and having proven your skills, you may also be entitled to a discount on your insurance policy. Check with them to see if they offer discounts for the liciense. National Interstate does.

BTW, we all hear voices in our heads.

Nice Job and welcome to POG. Let us know your year, make and model to help with maintenance questions. Most of us include that info with our signature.