Thread: Quiet "Squeelling" type sound

Default Quiet "Squeelling" type sound

Okay, here is yet another I could use some help with...

When I parked my coach in it's garage today, after turning off the engine, I heard a squeeling sound coming from up in the area of the coolant resevoire tank. It was a continuous slight squeeling sound, not loud at all, kind of like the sound when you squeeze the end of a baloon and let air out slowly, but even quieter.

It seems to be coming from behind the coolant resevoir tank, I cant see anything, but the sound kept going for quite a while after the engine shut off. I had driven the coach from cold for about 7 miles in 70 degree weather.

Any ideas????

Curtis,

I would loosen the cap on the reservoir and see if the noise stopped. If so, you will know it is from the water pressure. May just be a leak around the cap? May be coming from a hose connection?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

It is often nearly impossible to locate noises when standing at the coach, and as Dale suggested perhaps starting with the easy things to check may be a big help.

One thing I found helps me on audible air leaks or hard to find noises is a cheap stethoscope that when pointed at the noise makes its source easier to pinpoint. I carry one in the coach.